Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liming - Worthing

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Down in Worthing again in a couple of weeks and looking at going or a Mexican, anyone been to Liming? If so would you recommend?

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Blimey - I must have been there on an off night. The service was slapdash, music was blaring out and the food was awful. Certainly wouldn't go again.

Lush

Mods' Pet
I didn't think it was any better than the stuff you could make at home, probably using Old El Paso, for a quarter of the price. Was a while ago though and probably true of most Mexican restaurants, which usually offer over-priced brown stodge served with beige stodge, with some green gloop and refried beans for extra stodge.

If you HAVE to, I'd go to Tex-Mex. They do ace cocktails.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I didn't think it was any better than the stuff you could make at home, probably using Old El Paso, for a quarter of the price. Was a while ago though and probably true of most Mexican restaurants, which usually offer over-priced brown stodge served with beige stodge, with some green gloop and refried beans for extra stodge.

Been there once, and the ants on the table were slightly off-putting. Hopefully they'll have sorted that by now though.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

To be fair the majority of food in restaurants can be easily replicated for a fraction of the cost, just must people are too lazy to do so.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It has changed hands recently though. Personally I prefer Montagues, but Limings is alright.

Agree with Meze Meze

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
wife went fri just gone with 6 friends,lets just say 3 of themwere very ill next day

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Blimey - I must have been there on an off night. The service was slapdash, music was blaring out and the food was awful. Certainly wouldn't go again.

Yes, I remember. Even the complimentary olives were inedible.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Not been to Limings but have always enjoyed Montagues when I've been there :thumbsup:

Jul 7, 2003
Montague's is better IMO

Has Montagues improved in recent years? Haven't been for a while but on previous visits I've never been impressed with the quality of the meat (in particular some ribs that didn't fall off the bone - they needed a steak knife) and the puddings used that horrible UHT cream.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here