Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life of Brian - superb

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Not quite the same, but have you watched Four Lions? Very funny. It was a while ago that i watched it, so may be wrong. But I recall that, like Life of Brian, it is not taking the piss out of the religion as such, but out of those that follow it (or object to it?) without any real understanding.

Bansko Seagull

Bansko Seagull
May 6, 2009
Worthing, West Sussex
Remember watching it at the cinema when it first came out and the B film was a Travelogue. I’ll never be able to see a gondola without thinking of that immortal line “and more fxxxing gondolas”. Brilliant.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Blessed are the cheese makers...
'Blessed are the Palace fans'

'Oh, that's nice. I'm glad they're getting something. They've had one hell of a time'

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Not quite the same, but have you watched Four Lions? Very funny. It was a while ago that i watched it, so may be wrong. But I recall that, like Life of Brian, it is not taking the piss out of the religion as such, but out of those that follow it (or object to it?) without any real understanding.
Yes I saw 3 Lions, I liked it, the "Ira voice" scene in the shop is an all time classic, but it's not mocking Islam.

Life of Brian definitely took the piss out of Christianity, it mocks like no other film. Comedy is often the most effective way to mock a religion. I think some of the people who enjoy Life of Brian would also be the same people who would be angry at a Islamic version though, (maybe a small element) but no way The BBC is showing a Islamic story in that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here