Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Life is great with Gus at the helm

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yup. Frustrating couple of games but the playoffs are still VERY doable.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I think Gus is a very good manager but a couple of things probably need to happen for us to go up either this season or next. Either Gus needs to get a bit more flexible with formations etc or Bloom will really have to spend more money. The former is the one I hope happens. What I find odd is that in League One he was never as negative as he has been formation wise in the Championship. I know we cannot go gun ho at teams in this league but we never seem to open up early doors to lul the opposition into opening up then pass them to death. Gus all the way for me he's only in his 3rd full season and I really can't think who else we could get that would be anywhere near as good.

D

Deleted member 22389

You would notice that many of those being fickle/deluded werent posting when we beat Cardiff and Huddersfield - says it all really. They thrive on our failure like utter morons - some anyway.

It does make me laugh. Last night was disappointing, but bloody hell we are only 1 point of a play off position.
This season is far from finished as some people are making out.

If we don't do it this season, then we don't do it. It's not the end of the world. We just need to rebuild for next season and make sure we get the job done.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think Gus is a very good manager but a couple of things probably need to happen for us to go up either this season or next. Either Gus needs to get a bit more flexible with formations etc or Bloom will really have to spend more money. The former is the one I hope happens. What I find odd is that in League One he was never as negative as he has been formation wise in the Championship. I know we cannot go gun ho at teams in this league but we never seem to open up early doors to lul the opposition into opening up then pass them to death. Gus all the way for me he's only in his 3rd full season and I really can't think who else we could get that would be anywhere near as good.

Did not matter who he put out in League 1, we where a different class along with Southampton. Do we need more signings, I think what we have now is more than capable. May be on or two for next season, if we don't do it this season. I just hope we can hold on to these other players we have, that is my worry. All about season tickets and how many people renew.

seagullmouse

Jan 3, 2011
I don't want us to scrape into prem and then get squashed every week. Slowly but surely is ok for me.

Last season: 10th (would come straight back down)
This season: 6-9th (would come straight back down)
Next season: 2nd (slight chance of not coming straight back down)

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I like Gus, I feel he is the person who will lead us back to top flight football eventually.

My only criticism is that he seems to have this "shrug and move on" attitude when we lose or when some pillock (Barnes) does something stupid (getting sent off for the 2nd time in a month). I'd like him to show a bit more verve when the going gets tough.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Did not matter who he put out in League 1, we where a different class along with Southampton. Do we need more signings, I think what we have now is more than capable. May be on or two for next season, if we don't do it this season. I just hope we can hold on to these other players we have, that is my worry. All about season tickets and how many people renew.

I take that point. However I think what we need is a couple of players with more grit. A big strong central midfielder who will pull us up by our boot straps in games like last night a younger quicker centre half. At least. Gus knows better than me and I am sure he will get the right people in. We also clearly need a finishing coach.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Best ever football I have watched, brilliant approach to the game, has delivered so much to this club from bottom to top, he is possibly one of our greatest managers. People will be moaning about Bloom and the stadium soon.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
I like Gus, I feel he is the person who will lead us back to top flight football eventually.

My only criticism is that he seems to have this "shrug and move on" attitude when we lose or when some pillock (Barnes) does something stupid (getting sent off for the 2nd time in a month). I'd like him to show a bit more verve when the going gets tough.

I think that is just outwarldy. I am sure all the problems we are mentioning are being dealt with by him and Tanno in house so to speak!

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I don't feel depressively savaged by recent circumstance. And i hope the players don't either. These witless miserablists who scream murder with every papercut should really get some psychological help or some basic medication to learn to calm their rage a little. The big picture is still laced with hope of recent pasts and likely futures.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Best ever football I have watched, brilliant approach to the game, has delivered so much to this club from bottom to top, he is possibly one of our greatest managers. People will be moaning about Bloom and the stadium soon.

All of this. People take Gus for granted MASSIVELY.

MACROBLUE

Jul 9, 2011
What I cannot believe is how fickle some supporters seem to be. A few weeks ago we beat Cardiff and everything was rosy. We get a couple home wins and a draw against Blackburn. 4 wins and a draw I think.
Suddenly all the things that were going our way ie penalty against Huddersfield are starting to go against us.
Some supporters need to wake up and smell the coffee

Face facts, the team just are't good enough to go any further.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I think that is just outwarldy. I am sure all the problems we are mentioning are being dealt with by him and Tanno in house so to speak!

Oh of course, I'm sure behind the scenes he's doing everything he can to get us back on course but after a game when we're mightily irritated with a loss or a thrown away three points it'd be great to have him come out and show he's feeling that too.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Bristol City and Barnsley were both fighting against the drop into League 1 and showed the motivation and purpose we had 15 years ago when we were 11 points adrift at the bottom of League 2. Football is a game between two sides and the result isn't always pre-determined. We can lose to teams at the bottle of the table and also at the same time beat big Premier League clubs.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Face facts, the team just are't good enough to go any further.

Really!

So players like Kuzak, Bridge, Upson, Bruno, Bridcutt, Spanish Dave, Orlandi, Lua Lua, CMS and Vicente are all washed up has beens that need changing and couldn't play at a higher level, each to their own but wondering if we have been watching the same Brighton teams for the past few seasons.

Keep the faith.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here