Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lidl (video)

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
:lolol:
Newhaven has a Lidl (no surprise there), always good deals on lager (no surprise again), also good deals on Marstons Pedigree :drink:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
When I've stayed with friends in Germany, they and their friends (mostly people owning their own businesses) all seem to shop either in Aldi or Lidl. They certainly don't regard them as only fit for the local equivalent of chavs. Roll on the Shoreham store.

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
Give over. If it's ok for Catherine Tate to send up middle class yummy mummies and comedians since the dawn of time to satirise Royalty, aristos and Tim Nice But Dim types then what's wrong with laughing at chavs?

It just seems a little less savoury to me when humour is aimed downwards. I guess it's harmless enough, if painfully unfunny.

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
I'd stake my flat on you being middle class.

You're absolutely right, I consider myself hopelessly middle class; however, much in the same way that a white person can take issue with racism, or a straight person with homophobia, I don't think my class means I cannot criticise misrepresentation and stereotyping of those who are socioeconomically disadvantaged. But I'll lighten up, it's no biggie.

Dr JCL

Jul 18, 2011
Hey, nice Paint skills you've got there in your avatar. Have you considered a career in touching up pictures? You could be the photographic equivalent of the legendary Gif dude :)bowdown:)

It seems all those hours of hard work are finally being recognised.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Aldi is the best super market out there. Most of the people who shop elsewhere due to thinking it's 'chavy' are the stupid ones, paying more for the same or worse stuff. Jokes on them

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
And I thought unimaginative, smug reductions of the working class in 'comedy' disappeared with Little Britain.

Oh dear, get over yourself! I actually thought it was very funny. I use their branch at Burgess Hill quite a lot, and if you don't mind not recognising the brand names of most of the products, it's very good value. I suspect that if it wasn't for chains like Lidl and maybe Aldi, some of the less well off amongst us wouldn't be able to afford their weekly shopping.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here