Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] liam rosenior to boro

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Too early to go to that job for Liam I feel, risks damaging his stock if he makes the next step too early. I also think he would benefit from having a look at how Graham Potter works, I am sure he will believe being able to watch a Manager at work that does things a bit differently as very valuable.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Why would he ever want to go to Middlesbrough ? I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy

Thought it might suit you. Leftie/Commie working man with his roots stuck firmly in the past, thought an outside toilet would be an aspiration for someone like yourself! :lol:

Bish Bosh

Aug 10, 2005
Wish it was in the EU
Footballers and managers/ coaches will be well-placed to choose where they live. Parts of N. Yorks, close to Boro are very nice.

Don't suppose Ashley Barnes lives in Burnley town centre😎

If I am doesn't go there it would more likely be for other reasons...too early in his career for example.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The expectations at Boro are huge. They are another one of those entitled clubs who seem to believe that they are a PL club who's team just happens to be playing in the second division at the moment. Whoever goes there will need to deliver instant success, ie top six at an absolute minimum, and even that may not be enough if promotion doesn't follow.

It would be a poor career choice at this stage for Liam, IMO.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Don’t agree with that. In the unlikely event he were to get offered the top job at a big Championship club, he’s got to go for it. He’s got no way of knowing if or when another chance like that would come up. Even if he flunked there he’d learn more having done the top job than he would by watching other managers work.

I’d be sad to see him go and even sadder to have to wish Boro success

The expectations at Boro are huge. They are another one of those entitled clubs who seem to believe that they are a PL club who's team just happens to be playing in the second division at the moment. Whoever goes there will need to deliver instant success, ie top six at an absolute minimum, and even that may not be enough if promotion doesn't follow.

It would be a poor career choice at this stage for Liam, IMO.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Don’t agree with that. In the unlikely event he were to get offered the top job at a big Championship club, he’s got to go for it. He’s got no way of knowing if or when another chance like that would come up. Even if he flunked there he’d learn more having done the top job than he would by watching other managers work.

I’d be sad to see him go and even sadder to have to wish Boro success

But if he flunked there, in his very first job, then he's going to struggle even more to get another post elsewhere. Taking on a club which has the sense of entitlement that Boro carries means that he would have to hit the ground running there, or likely be sacked before he's barely got his feet under the table, because his inexperience would inevitably count against him. They believe they're a big club, and with that comes big expectation and impatience. Would Rosenior be afforded the time there if they're not pushing for promotion right off the bat ?

I'd doubt it.

Jimmy Grimble

Just to add to the nice comments about Rosenior...

After we beat Palace away we went out in Hove and naturally I was absolutely steaming. We bumped into Rosenior who was in a bar with his good lady. Now my recollection of the night is patchy but I’m reliably informed I attempted 3 separate ‘conversations’ with him whilst his lady was present and on each occasion he had the patience and humility to try and engage my drunken ramblings on the game and love for him. All the while his wife/partner was sat there, politely smiling. What a guy and presumably, what a gal.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
But if he flunked there, in his very first job, then he's going to struggle even more to get another post elsewhere. Taking on a club which has the sense of entitlement that Boro carries means that he would have to hit the ground running there, or likely be sacked before he's barely got his feet under the table, because his inexperience would inevitably count against him. They believe they're a big club, and with that comes big expectation and impatience. Would Rosenior be afforded the time there if they're not pushing for promotion right off the bat ?

I'd doubt it.

And going by comeonboro, their fans are aggressive and ungrateful complainers. Steve Gibson comes across as patient, unlike the fans.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Woodgate looks to be the front runner for the Boro job at the moment. Adkins has just left Hull and I wouldn't be surprised if Rosenior was tempted to apply for that though. He knows the club and the area, and is still held in high regard by the fans.

There's also a strong chance that Hughton will also ask him to be part of his backroom staff when he takes the manager seat at his next club.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here