Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My thinking on this is that CH has said he is happy with our squad as it stands but if a CB comes along he would be interested which to me suggests that they will not spend big money to bring one in hence I do not see Moore coming at an over exaggerated price. We apparently only offered £6m for Aiden Flint and didnt or wouldnt get involved in a price war. We have signed Balogun since then so I do not see it as one of CH major priorities.

I could of course, be reading the situation wrongly.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So this is the one then... we need one centre back to complete our squad and 2+ players for each position. Moore would be a great one to challenge Duffy or be injury back up. 5 days or so until the window closes isn’t it? One signing for us all to concentrate on... simpleeee loveleh!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So this is the one then... we need one centre back to complete our squad and 2+ players for each position. Moore would be a great one to challenge Duffy or be injury back up. 5 days or so until the window closes isn’t it? One signing for us all to concentrate on... simpleeee loveleh!
14 days until the window closes...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I reckon we need a centre back and a new striker to replace Hemed in the squad...

The minor? injuries to Locadia and Andone have me spooked.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I reckon we need a centre back and a new striker to replace Hemed in the squad...

The minor? injuries to Locadia and Andone have me spooked.

IF. IF Hemed were to leave, then that still leaves us forward options of Murray, Andone, Locadia, Baldock (and Gross and Alireza).

No chance of further recruitment in that area, unless BOTH Baldock AND Hemed are moved on.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
IF. IF Hemed were to leave, then that still leaves us forward options of Murray, Andone, Locadia, Baldock (and Gross and Alireza).

No chance of further recruitment in that area, unless BOTH Baldock AND Hemed are moved on.
Tes, I was making the assumption Baldock is already all but gone.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think the days of us signing old trusted journeymen have long gone. I hope so anyway.

I don't think we should under-estimate the usefulness of old trusted journeymen; Matthew Upson and Wayne Bridge did us no harm at all, and in the middle of our first season in the first division Pete Suddaby saved our bacon. I hope that as a club we aren't to big (for our boots) to use such where appropriate. After all, even the mighty (and very rich) Chelsea have just signed Rob Green!

Having said that, I not saying we shouldn't or won't go for another CB - but I'm also pretty sure that TB won't pay more than we believe a player to be worth, so yes, we might pay a lot of money for Moore, but if the asking price doesn't match our valuation it'll be a no sale. Ideally, yes, another CB if the price is right, but end of the world if we don't? Not a bit of it!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't think we should under-estimate the usefulness of old trusted journeymen; Matthew Upson and Wayne Bridge did us no harm at all, and in the middle of our first season in the first division Pete Suddaby saved our bacon. I hope that as a club we aren't to big (for our boots) to use such where appropriate. After all, even the mighty (and very rich) Chelsea have just signed Rob Green!

Having said that, I not saying we shouldn't or won't go for another CB - but I'm also pretty sure that TB won't pay more than we believe a player to be worth, so yes, we might pay a lot of money for Moore, but if the asking price doesn't match our valuation it'll be a no sale. Ideally, yes, another CB if the price is right, but end of the world if we don't? Not a bit of it!

Exactly this. Old tried-and-trusted journeyman Stephen Ward didn't do so badly when he went to Burnley, did he? And Wayne Bridge is still, in my opinion, the best left-back we've ever had. If a solid, proven performer were willing to be our fourth-choice central defender then that would be fantastic.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Exactly this. Old tried-and-trusted journeyman Stephen Ward didn't do so badly when he went to Burnley, did he? And Wayne Bridge is still, in my opinion, the best left-back we've ever had. If a solid, proven performer were willing to be our fourth-choice central defender then that would be fantastic.

Glad to see people being realistic that we are not going or need to spend mega money on a a player to be cover. If we think that whoever comes in will be to take over Duffy's role then that is a different matter entirely.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We bought in Balogun to be our 2nd/3rd pick after Dunk. No way will he suddenly be 3rd/4th choice.

No, this will be a 4th choice central defender who will either be with the future in mind, or have plenty of experience and not expect to play every week.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We bought in Balogun to be our 2nd/3rd pick after Dunk. No way will he suddenly be 3rd/4th choice.

No, this will be a 4th choice central defender who will either be with the future in mind, or have plenty of experience and not expect to play every week.

I don’t think Hughton or us should categorise any signing as ‘3rd choice’ etc - they’re all there to fight for their positions. We were after Moore or the Sheffield lad after signing the Nigerian so we are definitely in the market for another CB - but it’s hardly a disaster if we don’t sign anyone else in this window tbh as many can fill in at CB if absolutely needed, including various u23 options.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

And therein lies the problem with your (and other's, including BG's) POV... we are NOT looking for a 4th choice CB... we are looking for a CB who can genuinely compete with D, D & B... if we can get one for nowt, then great, but we can't, so talking about past CB superstars, when we were playing at a far lower level, is totally and utterly pointless...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here