Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Dickinson

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Russell Slade's transfers were very much hit and miss. He is rightly given credit for bringing in some really good players like Bennett, Dicker, Crofts and Navarro but he spent a fair amount of money on Tunnicliffe, Jake Wright and Dickinson as well as bringing in crap players like Graeme Smith, Aaron Davies and Thornhill on frees or loans. However, I suppose given how much we made from Crofts and are about to make from Bennett and the impact those players had on our promotion, he must still be in credit.
But wasn;t he at a slight disadvantage of having Barry LLoyd has his chief scout

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
That's a fair assessment of the shiny headed one, but surely the same could be said of Gus?

For every Greer, Calderon, Ankergren, Bridcutt and Painter there is a Baz, Battipedi, Holroyd, Poke etc.

If a manager gets more than 50% right then he is doing well.

The damage is a lot less though. How much did those 4 cost us, and how long were they at the club for? These were calculated risks.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
ironic he's effectively been replaced by barnyard Davies when it was the other way around at the Albion.

PG

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
But wasn;t he at a slight disadvantage of having Barry LLoyd has his chief scout
Graeme Smith was a 100% Lloyd signing. Not sure about all the others, although Jake Wright was a 100% Slade signing.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I genuinely would be happy to see him back with us, I always thought he showed signs that he could be quality.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
I genuinely would be happy to see him back with us, I always thought he showed signs that he could be quality.

can i have some of what you have been taking please, from what i saw of him, he spent most of his time on the floor than his feet

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008

We must have been watching a different player...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here