Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam dickinson-what a load of shite!!

Arfurfuxsake

Apr 28, 2008
Littlehampton
What the hell was Slade thinking about. He should have brought Dickinson off at half time. I want to like him and I want him to come good but he was diabolical yesterday! For a 6ft 6 lad he didnt win one header, and only had 1 shot on goal. Davies came on and we looked so much better up front. Why can half of the supporters notice this and the one man who needs to notice it does not!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dickinson did look particularly weedy yesterday. He was knocked off the ball easily, didn't win one header and showed a lack of passion for the cause. I know the game is not all about running about and chasing lost causes but I have to say I expected rather more from Dickinson. It's time for Davies to be given a proper run out in the team - 5-10 games minimum me thinks. At least he looks interested.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
After 9 games this season, only TWO players have scored for the Albion, and Dickinson is one of them.

Rather than slating him, perhaps we should be asking why the other players have done zip in hitting the onion bag this season?

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
After 9 games this season, only TWO players have scored for the Albion, and Dickinson is one of them.

Rather than slating him, perhaps we should be asking why the other players have done zip in hitting the onion bag this season?

The coaching set up perhaps? A lack of confidence? A lack of ability? Who knows. But, at the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, things are not going well.

Dickinson is one of the hardest working players in the squad. And we looked f*** all better when Davies came on as he persisted in giving the ball away and all physical presence was gone.

He will soon score and then we will be back slagging off Crofts, another fine player, oh and not to mention Murray and definitely Forster as his goal drought of nine or so games will start next week.

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008

Stick me in his position for nine games and i bet I could score 2 goals too....
He was shocking yesterday, deserves to be dropped.
We looked much better with Davies, he deserves a chance at least.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Dickinson is one of the hardest working players in the squad. And we looked f*** all better when Davies came on as he persisted in giving the ball away and all physical presence was gone.

He will soon score and then we will be back slagging off Crofts, another fine player, oh and not to mention Murray and definitely Forster as his goal drought of nine or so games will start next week.

I do rate Dickinson but he looked distinctly off colour yesterday; and I know many people agree.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Dickinson is average , no where near as good as Forster though. Davies looked good when he came on

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Oh please, he has f*** all physical presense, we looked much better going forward with davies on, he is definately not one of the hardest working players, ill take barndoor davies over wont let it touch my head dickinson any day of the week

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What the hell was Slade thinking about. He should have brought Dickinson off at half time. I want to like him and I want him to come good but he was diabolical yesterday! For a 6ft 6 lad he didnt win one header

Apart from the flick on for Forsters first goal. :bigwave::wanker:

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Dickinson's inability to challenge for the ball in attacking positions is incredibly frustrating and almost reminds me of Fleetwood, even though he is about a foot taller. Yesterday he made several terrific defensive clearances by attacking the ball, but refused to do the same in the attacking third of the pitch.

I'm not sure what to make of him at the moment as he obviously has some ability but is far too inconsistent, and his moaning annoys me. I would like to see Davies start at Bristol as he brings genuine pace, a willingness to challenge for everything, and he can score goals as he has shown in the past (disregarding the end of last season). He has proven in the reserves that he is ready for the step up, and that is what they are there for after all.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Dickinson's inability to challenge for the ball in attacking positions is incredibly frustrating and almost reminds me of Fleetwood, even though he is about a foot taller. Yesterday he made several terrific defensive clearances by attacking the ball, but refused to do the same in the attacking third of the pitch.

I'm not sure what to make of him at the moment as he obviously has some ability but is far too inconsistent, and his moaning annoys me. I would like to see Davies start at Bristol as he brings genuine pace, a willingness to challenge for everything, and he can score goals as he has shown in the past (disregarding the end of last season). He has proven in the reserves that he is ready for the step up, and that is what they are there for after all.

'xactly

:bowdown:

Oh please, he has f*** all physical presense, we looked much better going forward with davies on, he is definately not one of the hardest working players, ill take barndoor davies over wont let it touch my head dickinson any day of the week

He is one of the hardest working f***ing players you twat. He runs every single ball down and challenges for every single ball he has a minimal chance of winning. He may have had a poor game yesterday but Davies had about 20 last season and chants of "your not fit to wear the shirt" at MK Dons seem to have been hurriedly forgotten just so we can accommodate for the ridiculous slating of yet another Albion striker.

Dickinson is the better player. For f*** sake he has even scored one more goal than Davies has and he has only played half the games as barndoor. Did you see Dickinson at Brentford and Huddersfield? He was f***ing class.

I will admit yesterday wasn't his best game but the size of the defenders he was playing against didn't help. also I think people are disillusioned by the fact that most of the long balls we played yesterday were to Forster or Crofts, for some reason?, and the fact that he wasn't challenging for balls that weren't his to win all of a sudden means he is not very good.

Try not to jump on the NSC bandwagon of "I hate any striker that costs us more than 75K".

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
He is one of the hardest working f***ing players you twat. He runs every single ball down and challenges for every single ball he has a minimal chance of winning. He may have had a poor game yesterday but Davies had about 20 last season and chants of "your not fit to wear the shirt" at MK Dons seem to have been hurriedly forgotten just so we can accommodate for the ridiculous slating of yet another Albion striker.

Dickinson is the better player. For f*** sake he has even scored one more goal than Davies has and he has only played half the games as barndoor. Did you see Dickinson at Brentford and Huddersfield? He was f***ing class.

I will admit yesterday wasn't his best game but the size of the defenders he was playing against didn't help. also I think people are disillusioned by the fact that most of the long balls we played yesterday were to Forster or Crofts, for some reason?, and the fact that he wasn't challenging for balls that weren't his to win all of a sudden means he is not very good.

Try not to jump on the NSC bandwagon of "I hate any striker that costs us more than 75K".

I don't think people are irrationally slating Dickinson. He is obviously a good player, but he is out of form. Just because we spent good money on him doesn't men he should be guaranteed a place in the team. Davies has been playing well for the reserves and showed glimpses of what he can do with the limited time he had yesterday.

Horney

Oct 12, 2008
Dickinson is average , no where near as good as Forster though. Davies looked good when he came on

They are both as bad as each other...Dickinson is temperemental, inconsistent, poor in the air and cannot read Forster. Davies is a headless chicken..he has not got a clue...no control, no touch ,no class.
' Bad boy Murray ' has got class and touch but thats no f.....g good if he doesn't want to play for us.
Forster is playing on his own and at some stage the goals will dry up ( they do with all strikers )..god help us then !

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I did'nt see the game but it does occur to me that had the defence done its job and secured a 2-2 draw then we would not be having this thread and I did hear Dicko's name mentioned a lot clearing the ball out of defence and he did make one of the goals and surely thats what he is there for to make goals as well as scoring them and to this end he has done his job admirably well.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I must have been watching a different game, Dickinson works as hard as anyone, chases, tackles and does win headers, it's just we have no-one to feed off them so defenders usually pick the ball up. At least yesterday was entertaining rather than the shite of the previous 3 home games, as Russell says defenders need to concentrate for 90 mins + injury time or we'll get some in who can - NO MORE, 'ITS CUSHY PLAYING FOR BRIGHTON' perform or you're out!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Wasn't his best game yesterday, although our second goal actually came about from him not winning a header! There defender headed it away, we picked up the second ball and played in Forster :D I think he's one of those players who's posture and the way he holds himself makes him look like he isn't putting in the effort when he is. I'm loving Davies at the moment though, looking good and I get the feeling he's a confidence player and could start banging them in.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
He seems to have feet that are too big for the rest of his body. I think he'd be a bit better if he had them shortened.

Just a thought. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here