Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You've done well there dig54 - I can only ever remember Gayle & Dobbie - and that's only because both are so funny.

I think I can help you remember another couple, Maj.

Adrian Marriapa - has only been selected ONCE this season, for CHAMPIONSHIP Reading, for a cup game against LEAGUE ONE Peterborough. They conceded SIX.

Jac KHunt

elninobonito

Whitehawk Born and Bred
May 27, 2011
Bridcutt was definitely in two minds about going somewhere in the Summer! Met him on rottingdean beach and he said he wasnt sure where they would be, they held back putting the kids into school/nursey due to not knowing where he would be.

Not saying he was going to Palace but whatever offer came in before the season started they were considering it.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i can accept he might leave sometime, even might want to leave sooner than later. i cant accept that he would *want* to go to Palace right now, unless they were the only option for him to leave.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
5-6 inches taller and he would be looking at a top 5 team !
Yeah, Messi would be decent if he was 5-6 inches taller, and if it weren't for height, you'd have heard of Maradona. Before you say they play in different positions, Liam would have different balance and skill if he was taller, he may not be as good.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Reckon bridders will be here for the rest of the season unless Gus gets a champ with parachute payments or prem job before January.

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
Yeah, Messi would be decent if he was 5-6 inches taller, and if it weren't for height, you'd have heard of Maradona. Before you say they play in different positions, Liam would have different balance and skill if he was taller, he may not be as good.

sorry if I offended you with my height comment, im sure you can get a nice pair of cuban heels to give you that extra few inches mate.:wink:

Last edited:

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I think it's fairly clear cut.

Bloom or somebody who deals with all that would have told Liam he's a very valued member of the squad and that we couldn't stand in his way if an offer were to come in from a big club, giving him an opportunity to further his career.

No such offer did come in.

D

Deleted member 18477

sorry if I offended you with my height comment, im sure you can get a nice pair of cuban heels to give you that extra few inches mate.:wink:

Eh? Triggaaaar is right to be fair. He could be a worse player if he was taller. You never know.

bhafc_ross

Feb 21, 2009
Brighton
im only joking about , Can see what you mean though he is quite close to the ground which probably good for balance in his role . Deffently does his self a favour being able to leap like a salmon

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It might come as a surprise to some of our more delicate followers but footballers (like us all I guess) are always looking for the next big pay day. No loyalty whatsoever. I just accept it now. Here one minute, gone the next. :D

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
personally I expected him to leave after the Palace debacle in May, if we are no better than mid table come January I would expect us to take the 2million.
Just not from palace.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
5-6 inches taller and he would be looking at a top 5 team !

That Makelele fella who had a 'role' named after him by the media in this country was an absolute beast at what 5'7or8"?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Well, according to wikipedia (so could well be wrong and he could actually be 7ft), Bridcutt is 5ft 9in and Makelele is 5ft 7in.

There is no way Bridders is 5'9".

Sauce: I've seen him wandering about near my office with his kid & missus - I am 5'10" and am DEFINITELY more than just an inch taller than him.

I'd say he's the same height as Makélélé (the point still stands of course - he was a great player, whose height didn't hold him back)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here