Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt..........

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Former Chelsea midfielder, 21, signed on a 5 month contract???

Who is he then?

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
You've kinda answered your own question there.....

I know that Richy.........but his signature seems to have come out of the blue and do we need another midfielder, untried ad untested at that. (or is he?):shrug:

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Read the Argus Albion page and make up your own mind. There is plenty there about him.

Have people got out of the bed the wrong side today?:lolol: I thought the good folk of NSC could come up with the answers:angel:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
We need a miudfielder to do the holding job that Navarro did, which we havent got other than possibly El Abd in that role. Good move by Gus provided the player is good enough, which obviously Gus thinks he is.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
Have people got out of the bed the wrong side today?:lolol: I though the good folk of NSC could come up with the answers:angel:

Maybe that came across the wrong way then. I read a bit about him, as I was slightly dubious about where he has come from. Seems he has been in Gu's mind for a bit, Ray Wilkins rates him. Just concerned as to why he is only worth a 5 month contract, but in Gus we trust. Always!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Former Chelsea reserves skipper highly thought of by my chelsea mates. Check him out on youtube looks pretty nifty

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Maybe that came across the wrong way then. I read a bit about him, as I was slightly dubious about where he has come from. Seems he has been in Gu's mind for a bit, Ray Wilkins rates him. Just concerned as to why he is only worth a 5 month contract, but in Gus we trust. Always!

Cheers, if Gus has had an eye on him for a while he may be a good find, not good enough for Chelsea but could mature into a good player for 2 & 3rd tier football. And for the record i am not moaning Gus has not signed a forward yet just wondered if he been on our radar :wave:

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
5 months takes him to the end of the next transfer window leaving both sides a get out clause if it doesn't work out. And roughly the length of time Navarro will be out.

Simples.

Oh, I get all that, but i still think if he is any good then he should get to the end of the season. If he does well we could lose him for nothing, but yeah, if he's a donut we're not lumbered. We seem to have given other players more of a chance, that's all.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
I know that Richy.........but his signature seems to have come out of the blue and do we need another midfielder, untried ad untested at that. (or is he?):shrug:

I've seen some people say he's the best midfilder in the league on his day, i've seen others say he's gash.

He is Navaro's replacement, hence the 5 month contract.

Last edited:

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Oh, I get all that, but i still think if he is any good then he should get to the end of the season. If he does well we could lose him for nothing, but yeah, if he's a donut we're not lumbered. We seem to have given other players more of a chance, that's all.

Not sure if there is a minimum contract length but as he is under 24 we wouldn't lose him for free.

He was running up and down the sidelines on Saturday.

A reasonably impressive warm-up, I thought, although Holroyd just pipped him to the valued 91st minute substitute spot.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
5 months takes him to the end of the next transfer window leaving both sides a get out clause if it doesn't work out. And roughly the length of time Navarro will be out.

Simples.
Dont normally agree with you but that ' hits the nail on the head' perhaps they are hoping Navarro will be getting back by then so we have absolutely nothing to lose other than his wages, which probably wont bite into the budget enough to stop us signing another striker if we can. Also TB said he would make more money available to Gus if he needed to replace Navarrro.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
This thread is to fixtures what last season's results are to this season's promotion chances................ Very old news indeed

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here