Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Liam Bridcutt change position ?

JamieMcGinlay

Nov 28, 2012
After watching the Brighton 2-2 Millwall, there was just no creativeness from any of the midfielders

Liam Bridcutt has so much to offer, but he is just sitting in Defensive midfield when we are going forward,

for one game maybe play him in Attacking Midfield position?

Hammond could replace him in Defensive midfield?

Merry Christmas :albion2:

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I've been wondering about this. He is great in his current role but why not get him further up the pitch when we're chasing the game rather than sacrifice him

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't think it should change, good enough (very good) where he is at the moment.

I think he has far more invention than crofts or Hammond. Why take him off near the end when he could thread passes through to the strikers if he was in a more advanced role. God knows they could do with the service.
I don't really see the point in just shoving on strikers without considering the supply

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I think he has far more invention than crofts or Hammond. Why take him off near the end when he could thread passes through to the strikers if he was in a more advanced role. God knows they could do with the service.
I don't really see the point in just shoving on strikers without considering the supply

I do agree with you, however I do feel where he plays he is needed badly. I also feel that we should stop playing with 3 holding midfielders also.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I do agree with you, however I do feel where he plays he is needed badly. I also feel that we should stop playing with 3 holding midfielders also.

He should always start the game in front of the back four but he finished the game on the bench. Final eleven was:

One keeper
One fullback
Two centre halves
One midfielder
Three wide players/wingers
Three strikers

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
We actually looked better when Bridcutt came off....
I'm not suggesting we drop him but perhaps there isn't always the need for him to play so deep.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Something about Hammond unbalances to whole midfield.

Saturday with Crofts and SD playing IN FRONT looked so much better, and created so many more chances.
Hammond just doesn't seem to fit. TBH he'd be better off playing centre half.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
After watching the Brighton 2-2 Millwall, there was just no creativeness from any of the midfielders

Liam Bridcutt has so much to offer, but he is just sitting in Defensive midfield when we are going forward,

for one game maybe play him in Attacking Midfield position?

Hammond could replace him in Defensive midfield?

Merry Christmas :albion2:

Next game his position might b watching game..apparently had a icepack strapped to his thigh after game

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would he suit a system with only one DM better than the usual 4-2-3-1 we seem to favour? Sometimes think he'd be as effective on his own in terms of breaking up play, as 2 of them are working together. Granted when going forward, the 2 DMs offer more than he would on his own, but we'd have an extra attacking mid presumably to more than make up for that side of things!

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Something about Hammond unbalances to whole midfield.

Saturday with Crofts and SD playing IN FRONT looked so much better, and created so many more chances.
Hammond just doesn't seem to fit. TBH he'd be better off playing centre half.

Spot on. Don't need him, Crofts and Bridcutt on the pitch at the same time. For me, Hammond is not as good as the other 2 aforementioned.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here