LI & UB

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

rool

Jul 10, 2003
It's the new ernest and beach hut, but strangely more entertaining

I only wish I could bring some happiness into his life.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Sometimes London Irish has some valid points but his patronising tones are similar to Michael Moore's in the way he pushes his thoughts as fact when clearly they are just one person's oppinion.

Uncle Buck on the other hand is one of the more football savy fans on here and tends to articulate his argument far better which clearly annoys London Irish.

One way to settle it in my book...

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT

Uncle Buck said:
You could start by not pushing your opinion as fact?

OK - I'll try and be more careful with language, although I think you underestimate the average NSC user's ability to clearly delineate between the two when someone makes a point.

Eg. when I said that McGhee would be concentrating on set-plays in training this week, I reckon most people would have read that as meaning, it is my opinion that because we did so badly in this area of the game, we will surely be concentrating on it; rather than, oh, I've just got off the phone to McGhee and can confirm 100 per cent that blah blah blah.

But if I agree do be more careful with language, would you stop FFS with all your martrydom posts, you know the type "oh the great and the good of NSC are out to get me"?, and the limp sarcasm "oh don't say that because you'll really be in trouble now from the NSC hierachy."

Deal? :)

Last edited:

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
London Irish said:
OK - I'll try and be more careful with language, although I think you underestimate the average NSC's ability to clearly delineate between the two when someone makes a point.

Eg. when I said that McGhee would be concentrating on set-plays in training this week, I reckon most people would have read that as meaning, it is my opinion that because we did so badly in this area of the game, we will surely be concentrating on it; rather than, oh, I've just got off the phone to McGhee and can confirm 100 per cent that blah blah blah.

But if I agree do be more careful with language, would you stop FFS with all your martrydom posts, you know the type "oh the great and the good of NSC are out to get me"?, and the limp sarcasm "oh don't say that because you'll really be in trouble now from the NSC hierachy."

Deal? :)

The trouble is, will it happen?

Is that a yes? :)

Richie Morris said:
Martrydom?

Pot calling the kettle black.

FACT.

Shhh. We don't need irritating background noise at this moment.

Uncle Buck said:
If you stop belittling people with the custom put downs then fine, but I doubt you will.

You're right, if someone has a pop at me, I don't do the Christian thing and turn the other cheek. Do you? Because we can't have double standards you know.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
London Irish said:
Shhh. We don't need irritating background noise at this moment.
:lolol: I do like that one. Almost as good as: "Sssh. The grown ups are speaking" (Copyright Man Of Harveys)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports