Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

LG or Sony TV?

mdotw

Aug 20, 2003
I have been thinking of buying a new LCD TV price is £699 as I got some vouchers recently at John Lewis there is the option for me

Sony Bravia 32"
http://www.johnlewis.com/Audio+and+...e any thoughts which would be best to go for?

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
They both look exactly the same to me :dunce: :jester:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Sony is probably the better bet, but LG are still a good make.
What you should really be looking at to make your decision though is pixel resolution, contrast ratio and update rates. That said, you can't go wrong with a Bravia.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Sony W or X level Bravia is the ULTIMATE in flat screen at present. Not cheap, but well worth selling your body under the Palace Pier for.

thedeadone

Jan 17, 2005
West Sussex
El Presidente said:
Sony W or X level Bravia is the ULTIMATE in flat screen at present. Not cheap, but well worth selling your body under the Palace Pier for.

Sony is the better but the w and x models are not avalable in 32"

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Get the Sony they are the KINGS of LCD, I have a 40X and its the best TV Ive seen

FACT !!!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
thedeadone said:
If you by LG good luck getting it repaired outside of the 12 month period.

What he said!!!

I have a LG, which went 'wrong'. Took 2 mths to get it fixed.

Go for Sony.

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
I got this 50in Sony Bravia Rear Projection TV for £699 recently and it's the absolute nuts!:

129606.jpg

Pablo

Jul 8, 2003
Worthing
True, it does ghost a bit but at £699 for a 50in TV able to upscale to 1080i with two HDMI inputs i'm very happy!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don't like rear projection. Unless you're bang in front of it, the picture dulls out.

Nice ad there for the burglars though Pablo

:thumbsup:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Pablo said:
I got this 50in Sony Bravia Rear Projection TV for £699 recently and it's the absolute nuts!:

129606.jpg

I'm thinking that seeing as the door is now half obstructed that the 50 inch option may have been a bit ambitious :lolol:

You'll feel a right plum if Stephen Hawking comes to visit and he can't get in to watch Neighbours.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Pablo said:
True, it does ghost a bit but at £699 for a 50in TV able to upscale to 1080i with two HDMI inputs i'm very happy!

I have never seen one, I was just commenting on your photograph (ie not being a tv picture but a ghost like shape on the screen) :jester:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Last edited:

Panasonic rules over Sony, speak to the staff who will confirm this.

And the net will suppluy you the TV at a huge saving over JL. Just bought a Panasonic 26". Latest model released in April 2007 etc.The old models will now be a bargain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here