Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Lewis Hamilton apologising for remark to nephew

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Kids will be kids and wearing clothes that aren't the perceived ones for their sex is not the story or problem...............the story and problem is that Hamilton actually thought it was a good idea to put this up.
I've always believed he was an absolute cock and this has just helped to enforce that believe.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
No he’s not, he’s a young man having some banter with his nephew, who may or may not think he’s his uncle is a knob as he grows up. That’s their business. As far as I am aware what he did is not against the law. He is not in public office, he has no higher standards to uphold. Long may Hamilton continue to be himself

The fault does not lie with having a bit of banter with his nephew - although those who in spirit would like to march with pitchforks on the Hamilton motor-home would disagree - but in putting it on t'internet, when it becomes no longer a private thing between uncle and nephew. That was the prattish bit of his behaviour.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
The fault does not lie with having a bit of banter with his nephew - although those who in spirit would like to march with pitchforks on the Hamilton motor-home would disagree - but in putting it on t'internet, when it becomes no longer a private thing between uncle and nephew. That was the prattish bit of his behaviour.

Agree it wasn’t private when it was put up but it’s still between the uncle and his nephew. Those who follow are voyeurs, nothing more. On this thread he has been called a c**t, a cock, should be pitchforked, a prat, that he should lose his MBE etc. Yet he hasn’t broken any laws, he even apologised. Not sure why people have the pitch forks out, perhaps jealousy, perhaps self righteousness, perhaps political correctness gone mad again. May you all live a perfect live in your perfect worlds :hilton:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
On this thread he has been called a c**t, a cock, should be pitchforked, a prat, that he should lose his MBE etc.

He’s quite boring in interviews as well.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think this thread is overloaded with righteous indignation. Once I have finished this post I think it is time to move on. :)

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't understand the whole "gender stereotypes" concept. Men are men and women are women, they are different, in complimentary ways. The "way boys are" and the "way girls are" are generalisations, they are not absolutes, but they are pretty strong tendencies, and entirely natural ones.

Are we now supposed to pretend that there are not differences between the genders? There are, and we should be honest about that.

I think the current social view is that there is no discernible difference. On numerous threads on NSC about women's sport, my own view now is that since the US and now UK (plus many other western armed forces) have opened up front line combat roles to women is that this development now makes men's and women's sport meaningless. If women are physically capable of engaging in hand to hand combat with men and against men there is no argument that they can do the same as men on a football pitch, golf course, rugby pitch, tennis court etc.

There is one last bastion of gender difference still to be overcome, the prison system. If those on here really think there is no difference, we can chuck all the convicts in together too..........

Then we can discuss the outcomes of gender stereotyping in practice, not just theory.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Nonsense. I asked for @Two Professors to be banned but this was for his relentless and endless seemingly pathological spamming with inane and childish drivel and not his actual views on anything. This is all.

This is priceless, you have asked a Mod to ban a fellow poster for posting (in your view) drivel............and yet you have made over 40,000 posts on NSC yourself. What do you think your own contributions to this site are? It's not like every post you make has the social significance of the Battleship Potemkin is it?

What I will grant you though is your honesty, you have been open about your censorious preference whereby you will report fellow posters to mods for posting drivel, which I trust they will have rejected.

As someone still banned from the Brexit thread, yet never have been told why, maybe you can be a love and get in touch with them on your hotline and provide clarity on what my ban was for and how long it is to last?

I'm pretty sure I never posted drivel about hoping someone should die on that thread, (unlike you on this one) and yet months on I'm still excluded.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I think the current social view is that there is no discernible difference. On numerous threads on NSC about women's sport, my own view now is that since the US and now UK (plus many other western armed forces) have opened up front line combat roles to women is that this development now makes men's and women's sport meaningless. If women are physically capable of engaging in hand to hand combat with men and against men there is no argument that they can do the same as men on a football pitch, golf course, rugby pitch, tennis court etc.

There is one last bastion of gender difference still to be overcome, the prison system. If those on here really think there is no difference, we can chuck all the convicts in together too..........

Then we can discuss the outcomes of gender stereotyping in practice, not just theory.
Just wait til it gets a bit colder and the pitches start cutting up.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here