Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Grabban £1million

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
How is that you think a Championship striker, on his way to bagging 20 goals this season is not worth 1 million... I'd actually think he is worth more, when you think that Ings is being touted at 8 million...

To be fair though, neither Grabbs or Cookie are going anywhere... For starters Cook is still injured, and some seem to forget, we are no longer a selling club... I am not saying that we are loaded, but we are far away form the days where we had to accept the first offer made on one of our players...

Our owner has his sights on bigger and better things for Bournemouth (as bizarre as that sounds even to me) and letting go of 2 of your prized assets at the first asking just doesn't fit in with that model...

I would be astounded if we lost anyone in this window...

Every club is a selling club if the price is right.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
How is that you think a Championship striker, on his way to bagging 20 goals this season is not worth 1 million... I'd actually think he is worth more, when you think that Ings is being touted at 8 million...

To be fair though, neither Grabbs or Cookie are going anywhere... For starters Cook is still injured, and some seem to forget, we are no longer a selling club... I am not saying that we are loaded, but we are far away form the days where we had to accept the first offer made on one of our players...

Our owner has his sights on bigger and better things for Bournemouth (as bizarre as that sounds even to me) and letting go of 2 of your prized assets at the first asking just doesn't fit in with that model...

Don't be silly. Not a selling club! Of course Bournemouth are a selling club, if any of your players want to go they will. Same as Brighton, we are still a selling club, see Barnes and Bridcutt. The only clubs in world football who are not selling clubs are Real and Barca, after them arguably Bayern, Man United and Man City not Bournemouth. Football fans really need to stop spouting this nonsense, ours included.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Don't be silly. Not a selling club! Of course Bournemouth are a selling club, if any of your players want to go they will. Same as Brighton, we are still a selling club, see Barnes and Bridcutt. The only clubs in world football who are not selling clubs are Real and Barca, after them arguably Bayern, Man United and Man City not Bournemouth. Football fans really need to stop spouting this nonsense, ours included.

Thank goodness someone said it, I've been sick of that phrase since the start of the transfer window.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
As opposed to having one good game makes you a brilliant one?

I wouldn't call Ritchie a brilliant player but I'd certainly call him an upgrade on what we already have from what I've seen of him.

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
He came to us from Rotherham and scored 18 goals in his last season there... as a winger...

In League 2...

I expect he would go for about that price, over a million in fact (going by today's standards eg Carroll, Zaha) I just don't think he's worth that just yet til he's had his 20 goal season in this division.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Grabban - I'm sure we could get him if we wanted him. Sorry, Bournemouth, but we are a somewhat more appealing club (just like Sunderland are more appealing than us due to their size, history, and temporary PL status).

stevejoneslegend

Jan 20, 2011

Ok… If you are being literal then yes I agree… Every player/club has their price… But I am not being literal…

I am meaning that our days of other clubs coming sniffing around our best players and us having to jump at every offer, are far from gone… However, we are in a position now where we can hold out for the best price, or simply reject the offer, as we have already done, several times, for one of our strikers…

However, if Grabbs came out and decided he wanted to go, then of course he would… But at the price we negotiated, and not the price we had dictated to us...

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ok… If you are being literal then yes I agree… Every player/club has their price… But I am not being literal…

I am meaning that our days of other clubs coming sniffing around our best players and us having to jump at every offer, are far from gone… We are in a position now where we can hold out for the best price, or simply reject the offer, as we have already done, several times, for one of our strikers…

However, if Grabbs came out and decided he wanted to go, then of course he would… But at the price we negotiated, and not the price we had dictated to us...

That sounds more realistic.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Don't be silly. Not a selling club! Of course Bournemouth are a selling club, if any of your players want to go they will. Same as Brighton, we are still a selling club, see Barnes and Bridcutt. The only clubs in world football who are not selling clubs are Real and Barca, after them arguably Bayern, Man United and Man City not Bournemouth.
If Rondaldo wanted to leave Real, and they were offered £200m for him, he'd go. That means that no club can say no to all offers regardless, but it doesn't mean that all clubs are 'a selling club'. That's not what the phrase means.

There are some clubs that need to find young talent, help the player develop and then sell them, just to get by. They are selling clubs - it's part of their business model. Even if it's not part of their business plan, the phrase still applies if a club continually needs to sell it's best players in order to stay afloat. They're often forced to sell their players for less than they're worth, because they have no choice. So of course all of Brighton's players have a price - because we could use the money to improve the side, and players' contracts are not indefinite. But we don't need to sell our players in order to pay the bills, so I don't see us as a selling club.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Better than Buckley, Lopez & March?? Really?

Buckley is incredibly inconsistent and injury prone. He'll play a blinder one week and go missing the next, something Spanish Dave is prone to as well. Dave is the wrong side of 30 and lacks the pace to be an outright winger. IMO he'd do a better job as a more central attacking midfielder. As for March, what I've seen so far I like but he has yet to break in to the first team even with all the injuries we've been having which suggests to me that either he is not ready for the leap to regular first team football at this level or that he is being eased in very slowly.

So yes in my opinion Ritchie would be an upgrade.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Buckley is incredibly inconsistent and injury prone. He'll play a blinder one week and go missing the next, something Spanish Dave is prone to as well. Dave is the wrong side of 30 and lacks the pace to be an outright winger. IMO he'd do a better job as a more central attacking midfielder. As for March, what I've seen so far I like but he has yet to break in to the first team even with all the injuries we've been having which suggests to me that either he is not ready for the leap to regular first team football at this level or that he is being eased in very slowly.

So yes in my opinion Ritchie would be an upgrade.

Sorry but based on what? One performance?

You have said Ritchie would be an upgrade on Buckley because the latter is inconsistent. How many times have you seen Ritchie play?

I don't doubt any ability he may or may not have, but unless you have seen Ritchie consistently over the last season, how on earth can you say he is more consistent then Buckers?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

I am meaning that our days of other clubs coming sniffing around our best players and us having to jump at every offer, are far from gone… However, we are in a position now where we can hold out for the best price, or simply reject the offer, as we have already done, several times, for one of our strikers…

Think we have included a hefty sell on clause for Steve Cook so we'll offer you £800k and forget about the clause?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Fair play....nailed it.Some people might start taking you seriously now......

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

Hey Mr Leg End, prepare to be astounded!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here