Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Bloody brilliant tonight, i really hope Oscar starts him over GG on saturday. Him and Upson tonight were fantastic!!!

Couldn't agree more. That looked like an immense central defensive partnership last night, against a good player in Sagbo, and brilliant supply from the likes of Huddlestone, Livermore and Elmohamody. They both look so comfortable on the ball.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Couldn't agree more. That looked like an immense central defensive partnership last night, against a good player in Sagbo, and brilliant supply from the likes of Huddlestone, Livermore and Elmohamody. They both look so comfortable on the ball.

and yet if u listen to people like Savage he was part of a weakened side..didnt look out of place did he

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Superb performance. Impressed with his use of the ball and weight of pass which was very good.

Would like to see him play alongside Upson more as I think Upson will help bring on his game - same goes for Chicksen.

Tyreman123

Jun 27, 2013
Dunk was excellent last night, in the past he has seemed to lack to lack concentration every now and then, but last night he was on it for the whole game! defending sound and distribution more effective than GG !

Fraid I agree with the view that he did make a bad mistake for the goal, at the time I didn't know whether it was him or Upson. I guess we'll never know if Greer would have gone to ground so rashly and made it so easy for Sagbo - shame because it marred an otherwise excellent performance

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
I'm struggling with this perception of Dunk on here. The ball for the goal came from the left hand side, most attacks did to be honest, Chicksen and Upson were defending this side! Or not on this occasion. The only defender alert to the danger was the right CB who tried to block the shot having just run the full length of the pitch creating yet another forward attacking move. I'm sure he owes us all an apology for a few minutes later doing exactly the same and earning us a replay. Dunky hang your head in shame for producing a MOM performance and not letting us lose to a Prem team tut tut!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I can't comment on his overall performance, but I don't think his move that led to a goal is that similar to the one that blocked a shot a little it later. He is stood right by Sagbo and dives in tying to tackle but completely misses him. The later had more of a gap and his lunge was to block, not to tackle.

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
He was not stood next to Sagbo, I was in line on both occasions, LD stretched in because he had ground to make up, watch on the tv and it shows this. It still does not excuse the other two defenders on the left, they did not do their job.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
why did he not stay on his feet for sagbo goal apart from that he was superb

Because if Sagbo had popped that in first time people would say that he should of blocked the shot. If anything Sagbo should be praised for his well taken goal...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Because if Sagbo had popped that in first time people would say that he should of blocked the shot. If anything Sagbo should be praised for his well taken goal...

Quite. It was top class control and a well taken goal.

Shock horror. Striker gets the better of defender. Apart from the fact NO defender has a 100% success rate on tackles, Dunk would not be with us if he did.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Quite. It was top class control and a well taken goal.

Shock horror. Striker gets the better of defender. Apart from the fact NO defender has a 100% success rate on tackles, Dunk would not be with us if he did.

Intriguing, an intelligent ape...

He seems to understand football

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
He was at fault for the goal, but forget that........

He was outstanding and displayed the form and awareness that made him such a valuable asset, early in his career. Fantastic performance......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here