Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
His age does draw them in all the more. I could see our nerve being tested with a bid of around £2.5m.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
With Elphick and Bomber out till who-knows-when, I'd hope Gus would have some FEELERS out to cover us in the event of Dunk getting poached, otherwise we are right up Cack Street with a leeky canoe in terms of CB's.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
I have to believe that Gus Poyet will already have considered this possibility and will have the scouts looking for a replacement, always assuming there is no serious cover coming up through the development squad.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
We must not stop his career progress, i agree 2.5mill would help Gus bring in maybe 3or 4 new players IMO,full back,centre midfield and centre forward,need to get Adam back as well.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
We'll have Bassong in exchange then.

How many of these sort of articles do they need to keep re-hashing? We don't need know about every single Premier League scout that turns up to watch him.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Snap your hands of for that

I wouldn't.

£5m for Matt Mills, as someone says is 5 years older and has far from impressed. £15m for Oxlade Chamberlain who was only proven at L1 level.

I'd want £5m at least.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
£5M plus a sell on clause.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
We should not let him go mid season under any circumstances. He should get at least a full season under his belt before he even thinks of moving on and for me he should stay here for at least a season more. If he moves to a prem club he will not play, here he gets to play week in week out and learn his trade whilst playing matches. At Arsenal or Tottenham he will be playing reserve team football with the odd Carling Cup game. They are not going to play a 19 year old centre back and he clearly is not that good yet any way.

seggers

Nov 10, 2009
Worthing
We must not stop his career progress, i agree 2.5mill would help Gus bring in maybe 3or 4 new players IMO,full back,centre midfield and centre forward,need to get Adam back as well.

Or we could sell him for more than that which he is worth judging by what others have sold for and get even more/even better players in those positions Gus feels we need.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Spot on, 3m quid, and Gus can sort all of our problem positions out in no time.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
His age does draw them in all the more. I could see our nerve being tested with a bid of around £2.5m.

It's great to see a youngster come through & shine. He has made the step up as I hope more of our young players do & with Gus, Tanno & Charlie at the helm ensuring that not only the 1st team play football the way they want but right throughout the club into the youth learning to play with the ball at their feet, we could see the rewards of this with more young players joining Lewis in the 1st team & attracting attention from the bigger clubs.
Snatch the hand off that offers 2.5 million & invest further in our future.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
With Elphick and Bomber out till who-knows-when, I'd hope Gus would have some FEELERS out to cover us in the event of Dunk getting poached, otherwise we are right up Cack Street with a leeky canoe in terms of CB's.

If it's on the cards that Dunky might be off I reckon we might see some more of Steve Cook

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Take the money and run, we already have a replacement in Cook, I actually think from what I have seen of him that he is a better footballer than Dunk and looks very comfortable with the ball.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here