Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

larus

I’d been resigned to him going and I would not have begrudged him a move to Chelsea.

However, I love the thought of Dunk, White and Webster as a back 3, with Lamptey and Burn, plus the Dutch guy.

So much more positive for next season - imagine if we were in Leeds position with their squad.

We have a young squad now, with a few senior, excellent players for the experience. I can see mid table next season (just need to cut out some of the stupid moments we had this season). The quality of play has improved over the season, and post the Covid break, you could see a step-up in level (IMHO).

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
What would be great is if we managed to change the tone on this board to celebrate the fantastic business the club is doing over the summer rather than stressing about situations which may or may not happen.

We have signed Lallana
We have signed Veltman
We have renewed Dunk's contract.

There is no prospect of us going into next season weaker (or even just equally as strong) as we were last season. We're going to be much have a much better squad.

So try and keep that in mind and keep some perspective next time there's a conversation about a striker or LWB we may or not sign or a conversation about interest in another young centre back on our books.

Considering we've had to pay back money to Sky, considering we've refunded season tickets, considering our projection for future earnings has dropped hugely, Tony has dug seriously deep. Whatever else happens now, enjoy the late summer and don't let other sets of fans bait you.

Genuinely made my weekend this has. Bloody love the bloke, like it even more that he'll be playing for us again against Palace so they can chant that shit song at him and it'll make for an interesting occassion as per.

He has shown what a class act he is by signing this contract and it's massive that he has signed a new deal with us. Huge statement of intent indeed.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love the Chelsea fan in Twitter who has suggested they go for Ben White and @ a random bloke's account with Ben's name.:lolol:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Confirmed that Chelsea made an enquiry that the club rejected as well

[tweet]1296825586040680449[/tweet]

The tweet doesn't imply what you've said at all, in my opinion. An "enquiry" is far different from a firm bid, and without a firm bid there is nothing for Albion to reject.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Cult hero Dunk signs new deal

Cult hero Zaha wants out

Rejoice

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I know people often pass on info they’ve heard, others like to try look like they’re in the know etc. But all through this thread is littered with absolute bullshit ‘ITK claims’ now you look back! Thanks Dunky - here for good now (well at his prime)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Cult hero Dunk signs new deal

Cult hero Zaha wants out

Rejoice

All you need to do now is remove the cult in your emoji.

I may have made a spelling error, somewhere, in that....

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
The tweet doesn't imply what you've said at all, in my opinion. An "enquiry" is far different from a firm bid, and without a firm bid there is nothing for Albion to reject.

Christ talk about pedantic. Rebuffed instead of rejected? We said we weren’t willing to engage in an enquiry about his availability?

Semantically, you can very much reject an enquiry. For example, We are interested in Lewis Dunk, is he available for sale? No (this is a rejection as in “the dismissing or refusing of a proposal”)

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Christ talk about pedantic. Rebuffed instead of rejected? We said we weren’t willing to engage in an enquiry about his availability?

Semantically, you can very much reject an enquiry. For example, We are interested in Lewis Dunk, is he available for sale? No (this is a rejection as in “the dismissing or refusing of a proposal”)

1234.jpg

Doesn't sound to me like Chelsea made a bid.

You, of course, can interpret the situation however you so choose.

Jimmy Grimble

Captain for life now.

Happy to be to slated, but all the time he is at the heart of our defence we will not get relegated.

We are so lucky people outside of BHA don’t realise how good he is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here