Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lewis Dunk to Chelsea? EDIT: New 5 Year Deal Signed

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Looking at some of the transfer rumours. What I see is that Chelsea want Chilwell from Leicester and Pope. Also saying that they need to offload some of their back four. So I guess this largely depends on the outgoings from Chelsea and what they get for them, as I can’t believe there won’t be much change left if they really go for Chilwell.
I reckon Dunk will be continuously linked and it seems as if Lampard is a fan.
However, wanting a player and getting him are two different things.
Ultimately is Dunk their No1 priority? Will they only go for him if they can’t get Chilwell, or do they need to clear the decks and get good money for their poor CBs before they have enough to meet our asking price.
Just questions and I don’t see any of the main journos heavily linking Dunk, yet!

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Tammy please, that would be superb.

As much as I’d love that from a football perspective - I think he’d want too much money. Every time I hear his name in the press it seems to be about money and not being happy with his wages. After our previous experience with him, I’m not totally sure his motivations would fit with what we could offer him.

clockend1983

Apr 1, 2010
Just been on the Shed End - Chelsea’s fans’ forum, and not a dicky bird about Lewis Dunk being their man of choice for centre back. So is this rumour just pissing in the wind? No doubt we’ll be hearing soon enough.

Dunky has been great for us but I reckon the Chelsea fans would be a bit underwhelmed if the signed him especially for the sort of money that’s been mentioned on here.He is on par with the current CBs at Chelsea but not any better than them Just how I see it

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
You're thinking in yesterday's money.

We MIGHT just accept £40m. If Chelsea aren't willing to pay that, then they aren't getting him, simple as that.

Top defenders around the world for £30m? Maybe 10 years ago. We're now living in an era of the likes of Maguire for £70m.

I personally think £50m is a fair price for Dunky.

kinda agree, it not what he's worth so much against other defenders, its how much he's worth to our club.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
For the past 3 seasons he has been the difference between survival and relegation.

How much do you think it would cost for Tony Bloom to give that up?

£40m doesn't come close.

Clarke and White might be good enough, in the same way Knockaert wasn't, but Dunk is proven at this level and as such, he is priceless.

This is a non story, no quotes, no journalists running it and no chance we would sell him for anything close to £40m.

someone on twitter suggested it might have been part of the lampty deal that they get first crack at him at the end of the season if he wants to move on?

Anyways - love these clips of him - dont think an albion fan could have done a better job..
https://twitter.com/i/status/1287002932890808320

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Lewis Dunk to Chelsea ...............

Imagine hearing “Lewis Dunk he’s one of own” ringing out at Stamford Bridge :wrong::sick::sick:

Didn’t he start/have trials there ?

They were strongly linked in jan for £50m so I guess this will be the fee 45-50m.

It will be clarke burn Webster back 3 this season, White infront of them. Veltman back up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Or better, how about a swap deal for Tammy or Giroud?

I bet that would soften the blow for most of us...

Abraham on a season loan wouldn’t be out of the question, you’d think. Depends on who Chelsea recruit.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Is Tomori better than White or Clarke?

All very talented cbs, albeit not extensively tested at top level.
I’d be happier about Lewis leaving if tomori signed for a season.
Lots of ifs

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here