Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

lewis dunk sending off

ross02

Sep 21, 2008
horsham
has anyone actually notiched if u freeze frame it lewis dunk actually 100% got his foot on the ball first!!! bolasie just tripped over his leg , so it was never actually a red card

windowlicker

Aug 22, 2009
yes noticed he did get the ball first and it was a massive dive considering there was hardly any contact but as last man ref had no choice. Also murrays header came from a corner that should of been a goalkick.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I thought it looked a clear pen, either way it doesn't matter now.

The really shitty thing about it is that if we had gone a goal down after 6 minutes, all would not have been lost. Really, at 6 minutes you take the conceded goal, maybe at 86 minutes depending on the score you sacrifice the 11th man, but at 6 minutes we were hardly going to be out of it if they had of scored.

bha100

Aug 25, 2011
can't see it meself

dunk2.JPGdunk.JPG

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
yes noticed he did get the ball first and it was a massive dive considering there was hardly any contact but as last man ref had no choice. Also murrays header came from a corner that should of been a goalkick.

And that corner resulted from a freekick that should never have been given (was Zaha on his imaginary springboard). BBC didn't show it. Tsk.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
And that corner resulted from a freekick that should never have been given (was Zaha on his imaginary springboard). BBC didn't show it. Tsk.

And the corner should have been a goal kick, shown clearly on the highlights on Seagulls player.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
When I was was a top class centre back I would use my left leg to tackle a guy going past me on that side of me....

Dec 29, 2011
Dunk f***ed up, plain and simple. He knows it and he'll improve. He's made A LOT of last ditch sliding tackles and everyone praises him for it, as soon as one is less than half a second mistimed he's public enemy number one. Give the lad a break.

cirC

Jul 26, 2004
Tupnorth
The club should appeal the sending off.The ref made a mistake and in hindsight the card decision should be reversed.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dunk f***ed up, plain and simple. He knows it and he'll improve. He's made A LOT of last ditch sliding tackles and everyone praises him for it, as soon as one is less than half a second mistimed he's public enemy number one. Give the lad a break.

I was much more unhappy with his WOEFUL first touch, that put him in that situation in the first place. Guessing he was nervous to take a touch like that.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The club should appeal the sending off.The ref made a mistake and in hindsight the card decision should be reversed.

No he didn't. "He got the ball" doesn't stop it being a red card. Read the rules.

Now it needs to be said that I hate Place as much as the next man but:

Dunk deserved to go, end of.
Murray didn't dive, he drew contact.
Kuszczac should have gone for putting his hands on the ref.

Bad day at the office.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
yes noticed he did get the ball first and it was a massive dive considering there was hardly any contact but as last man ref had no choice.
Eh? If he got the ball first, it wouldn't matter if he was the last man, it wouldn't have even been a free-kick.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Bad day at the office.

It was a form of diving. He moved his leg out so that it caught Kusz. I'm not annoyed though, because he did it MANY MANY times for us and is superb at it.

Dec 29, 2011

Bad day at the office.

Thought TK could have got a red for taking out Murray, stoping a goal scoring opportunity, think the ref felt sorry for us though already being a man down.
I was much more unhappy with his WOEFUL first touch, that put him in that situation in the first place. Guessing he was nervous to take a touch like that.

Dunk doesn't play well in big games (Liverpool etc), maybe it's something Gus should note in the future and try not to play him in the 'big ones'.

Why was it a mistake? Looks like an easy red for me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Eh? If he got the ball first, it wouldn't matter if he was the last man, it wouldn't have even been a free-kick.

Wrong. "He got the ball" means nothing as to whether something is a foul or not, read the rules.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I have no complaints about the red card (well, not with the referee anyway). Same with the penalties, although they were a bit soft Greer was asking for trouble having both hands on Murray, and Murray initiated the contact from Kuszczak to make sure there was enough to go down as his touch was taking the all a bit too wide

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here