Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewis Dunk - out on loan

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Footballers get special leasing deals, with a monthly amount that affords them a big flash car at a price you and I could lease a Mondeo.

I know but it still costs them a fair lick.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
What sort of world do you live in that you can describe 2-3k a week as a not particularly high wage!?

The sort of world where we're talking relative to Championship footballers' wages, specifically the wages we'll save by loaning out Dunk in relation to the 10K+ per week that it'll cost to get a loan striker in. I think and hope you realised that.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I am not sure this is about writing off some of Dunks wages, they arent in the grand scheme of things anything too high.

Perhaps this is an opportunity for Dunk and the club for him to get match time and progress his development.

He might come back a player ready to compete for a regular first team place, or the club could sell him on at a higher price than they would get now.

Seems a good deal for everyone.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I doubt his wages were particularly high.
On a train from Lewes last season a chap was saying that he was LD uncle and he was on 45k per year just under 900 per week,better than a lot but not high wages for a footballer I am not sure how true that was or if the chap was just saying it to impress.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here