Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewesian Fish and Chips Recommendations?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Just looked Lewes Arms up but doesnt show a menu or any description of type of food just home cooked local produce. Brother in law doesnt like herby or peppery food.

248442.jpg

I couldn't find one without parsley. Maybe he could contact the CEO and see if they could produce something with no flavour whatsoever. Alternatively, he could have a rice cake or six.

topdollar

Mar 5, 2009
Lewes Arms is run by the same people who have The Basketmakers in Brighton and has a similar menu. Lots of specials, quality is okay and not too expensive. Best pub food in Lewes is probably down at The Snowdrop. Menu changes frequently and is usually good quality with most main courses at around the £10 mark but that is at the wrong end of town for you. John Harvey Tavern has a small menu that doesn't change much but isn't too bad (Harvey's beer battered fish & chips is always on the menu) and only a couple of minutes walk from the bus station.

Neither of the pubs near the prison (Black Horse or Pelham Arms) has good value food. There is The Café just north of the prison crossroads but not sure what their Saturday opening times are. It is a basic café but has always been cheap and cheerful.

/

Last edited:

seafordtillidie

May 26, 2011
The big one at the top of the slope from the station looked pretty busy, fish and chips £6.50 which I thought wasn't too bad. Anybody tried them?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
You could probably ask Alec at the Lamb, opposite the Fisher Street chippy, if you can eat your chips in the pub.

Edit: As long as you buy a pint or two.

Last edited:

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
This is a serious thread? Really?

Some **** asking where to get the best "fish and chips" in middle class DFL rocket-crumbling Lewes?

Mighty as well ask where to get the "best" Fosters, ffs! Seriously, it's a wind-up. Please tell me it's a wind up...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here