Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I hear that Lewes FC are to be granted permission to redevolop the Dripping pan and possibly re locate within the town, with the view to building an allseater 8000 stadium in there bid to make the football league over the next 5 years, with expansion possibilties of up to 15,000 in the future. LDC seem firmly behind the club on this.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the dripping pan is currently being developed..

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...mind going into overdrive here, is the opposition to Falmer by LDC part of some master plan?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
I've heard rumours and i mean in the loosest sense and as well as being up North from people i lived near in lewes but something about a Bloom family or something wanting to invest in them - never heard of this lot myself and i'd have thought LDC would be well against it from the way they have treated the Albion over FALMER.

Last edited:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Lewes District Council have no commercial say in the running of Lewes Football Club, apart from them being the planning authority for the area that the ground is situated in (an AONB incidentally, and part of the proposed South Downs National Park).

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I would love it, I mean love it if Lewes got into the football league.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Not gonna happen though.

:nono:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Who are this Bloom family i believe to be intrested in investing in Lewes - local business men or rich fans from the area? Or don't they exist and i've been fed a line.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
But who are this Bloom family and if intrested in Lewes why not invest in the Albion - or do they want to build a dream so to speak?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Seagulls over Lewes said:

Only 2 promotions away - easily possible.

May even have a 8,000 all seater by then - and the Albion will still be trying to get Falmer.

1066gull

I too would love to see Lewes in the football league.

Sussex need another team in the football league.

But I think, for the long term it has to be Eastbourne Borough. They have a stadium in an area that can be easily developed and increased as well as a bustling town that is growing.

Lewes is a small town, and it cannot expand anymore as it lives on the doorstep of a major city.

If I was to invest in either of these two clubs, it would be Eastbourne as I think Eastbourne have the better potential in the long term.

Seagulls over Lewes

Jul 5, 2003
Rodmell
Adriodinho said:
I too would love to see Lewes in the football league.

Sussex need another team in the football league.

But I think, for the long term it has to be Eastbourne Borough. They have a stadium in an area that can be easily developed and increased as well as a bustling town that is growing.

Lewes is a small town, and it cannot expand anymore as it lives on the doorstep of a major city.

If I was to invest in either of these two clubs, it would be Eastbourne as I think Eastbourne have the better potential in the long term.

Thank you Adriodinho the voice of reason again. And i don't think Terry, Martin and co need your student grant at the moment.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Adriodinho said:

Uckfield :clap: :clap: :clap:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

As has been said it is only 2 promotions, but there is a hell of a difference between the teams in the top six of the Conference, compared to those lower in the pyramid.

I think it will take 10 years at least to have the stability in terms of finance, fanbase and club and ground infrastructure to even be challenging for a football league place.

I hope I'm wrong. As I said, I'd love to see Lewes make the football league.

1066gull

Thank you Adriodinho the voice of reason again. And i don't think Terry, Martin and co need your student grant at the moment.
I do hope Lewes get promoted though-and push on for great things

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
Goring Gull said:
But who are this Bloom family and if intrested in Lewes why not invest in the Albion - or do they want to build a dream so to speak?

havent they already invested in the albion?

werent they they ones who wanted mcghee out in the summer?

or have i completly got this wrong?

heres a bit about Tony Bloom and mentions about him and his uncle and their involvment with the albion

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Bloom

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here