Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Tory candidate backs Falmer!

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Big piece in today's Argus - interview with Rory Love, the Tory who will fight Norman Baker in Lewes at the general election. He comes out very firmly in favour of Falmer :D

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
bye bye Baker
Baker bye bye

Although I may actually be crying when I tick to tory box. What can I do?!?! I'm Falmers bitch!

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Methinks this is a cynical attempt to curry favour among Albion supporters.

By the time the election comes round this stance will probably be meaningless anyway.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
chips and gravy said:
By the time the election comes round this stance will probably be meaningless anyway.
Possibly, but I think there are a few of us who would be very happy to see Norman Baker lose his seat after what he said at the public inquiry. Also, it might help persuade some of the Tory MPs in Sussex to sign the EDM (although that might be wishful thinking). Can't see it being anything other than good news, whatever the motivation.

Percy Tantrums

Jul 14, 2003
Brighton
We don't doubt the motives of Labour MPs/candidates for their support of Falmer, so why doubt the motives of a conservative candidate. I am just be grateful for his support.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
just goes to show how honest, predictable and genuine politicians are

we are all indebted to them for their outstanding contributions to society :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Percy Tantrums said:
We don't doubt the motives of Labour MPs/candidates for their support of Falmer, so why doubt the motives of a conservative candidate. I am just be grateful for his support.

I doubt all politicians. Working with them every day as I do, you soon realise that the only people they serve are themselves!

Dandyman

In London village.
Percy Tantrums said:

Lewes had a Tory MP before Baker and he was a bone idle reactionary C**t. Anyone remember the attempt to bring in ID cards, the "effluent tendancy", the attitude of the Tories to the asset stripping of the Goldstone, etc, etc. ?

chips and gravy

Jan 5, 2004
worthing
Dandyman said:
Lewes had a Tory MP before Baker and he was a bone idle reactionary C**t. Anyone remember the attempt to bring in ID cards, the "effluent tendancy", the attitude of the Tories to the asset stripping of the Goldstone, etc, etc. ?

The final nail in his coffin was when the Newhaven - Dieppe Ferry was under threat and he was found to have unhealthy involvement with Eurotunnel!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I think that any support politically (except BNP) should be welcomed with wide open arms. If I were a Lewes resident I know where my X would be at the next election.

Falmer Dream

Feb 2, 2004
Dandyman said:
Lewes had a Tory MP before Baker and he was a bone idle reactionary C**t.
If the implication is that this Tory must be the same, that's the equivalent of comparing Dick Knight to Archer.

Last edited:

balloonboy

aka Jim in the West
Jan 6, 2004
Way out West
This is just another example of the pressure building! There is a band wagon rolling, and Rory Love has jumped aboard, God bless 'im. Rather than criticise him for being opportunistic, let's congratulate ourselves that we're making Falmer a real political football :)) )

Jul 14, 2003
BN2
chips and gravy said:
Methinks this is a cynical attempt to curry favour among Albion supporters.

It works for me. Sadly I'm not in the right constituency to vote him out.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Good point balloonboy. When you consider the number of high profile / high level individuals, institutions, governing bodies, local authorities and members of the public who are backing the plan versus the number of slug-like bogie people against it, plus Prescott's attitude to NIMBYs, it would say it was in the bag yet, but I believe that we have at least entered the luxury suitcase/baggage shop by now; well on the way to purchasing to batskin holdall ready to fill...

Top that for metaphors. :p

Last edited:

Dandyman

In London village.
Falmer Dream said:
If the implication is that this Tory must be the same, that's the equivalent of comparing Dick Knight to Archer.

I hold with the Nye Bevan definition of Tories - "lower than vermin" always have been, always will be.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hopefully Baker will be selling the big issue on the Bridge at Lewes High Street this time next year and his " constituency shop " in the High Street can be an outlet selling Albion gear.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dandyman said:
All absolutely true and must never be forgotten. However as somebody has said a Labour MP/Candidate comes out pro Falmer and we cheer, A Tory does it and we claim they're just being cynical.

Thank you for your support Mr Love. Vote Tory! (Only if you live in Lewes otherwise normal rules apply)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Kalimantan Gull said:
good, but tory? jesus. I have a vote in Lewes and I'm voting Lib Dem. Don't like Baker for his Falmer stance but there's bigger issues at stake
I, respectfully, profoundly disagree. There is no more important issue than Falmer. Yes I know it would be a national election but consituency battles are often fought on local issues. Without Falmer we die, or at very best live on as a glorified non-league club. For me that far, far outweighs Lib Dem v Tory differences on things like the NHS or Immigration.

I know this insult gets bandied around a lot but if you're prepared to vote for Baker then you are NOT a true Brighton fan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here