Lewes stinks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
First time I lived in a small village, about 5 years ago, they spread muck on the farmer's fields over the road. I called the plumbers out thinking we had blocked drains, they turned up, relieved me of £140 and told me what it was. Embarrassed was the word :facepalm:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Am I the only one that doesn't mind the smell of cattle doo-doos. As I grew up next to a farm in Shoreham it reminds me of home !

I like it as well. I grew up in sleepy Seaford but had two Uncles with farms at Chiddingly. Time spent and happy memories adds up to an enjoyment of the smell.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Apparently, it's not cows doo-doos but paper pulp that's been rotted down and treated with something. The bloody place stinks at the moment but it was far worse a few weeks ago and it even made the front page of the Sussex Depress !!!!

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
Sure you weren't outside harveys brewery?

Big Cuddly Pandas.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Used to stink when I went to school there.Combination of the locals & the chicken waste they spread on the fields,or maybe Lewisians bathe in it?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Might be human shit, i remember at school nr Hailsham every year the local farmer caused a massive stench around October time and people alluded to it being human waste. it definately wasnt silage or manure. Its perfectly legal to use it apparently, its ground down from sewage farms cos there not allowed to dump it in the sea anymore Farmers want your human waste. | The Coffee House

Not sure what would smell worse - human or cow shit.

Depends what was been eaten beforehand I suppose.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports