Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes FC

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Watched a bit of Lewes' game yesterday whilst having tea at the cricket and blimey they are a poor outfit. Really good left back but the big black bloke upfront is one of them, "second touch is a tackle" type players.

4-1 flattered Salisbury, but without Cuillip the defence is poor.

The fans are not that enammered with Keehan.....

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Lewes were fine with their own blokes in there....but as soon as anyone from the Albion get involved, it goes tits up......ring any bells ?

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Lewes were indeed fine with "their own blokes" - those loyal lads who disappeared at the same time as Steve King!! However, the club is now suffering from the effect of buying their way to promotion and even discounting the current management it is difficult to see how the former regime was sustainable.

As for Albion involvement making things go "tits up", the new arrangement for Reserve games should bring in a nice little earner.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Still, at least they didn't concede 6 like Eastbourne.

fred

Jan 12, 2008
i have to say that i know a lot of these sussex players having watched them for brighton youth,brighton boys and other sussex teams,and although many of them have talent its not enough for the division theyre in.they need strong minds strong physical attributes,and excuse my french bollocks.most of these players have struggled at lower levels so how on earth are they going to keep lewes up in a league like this?keehan has a dream but unfortunately thats exactly how it will stay unless he brings in more experienced proven talent,and not more old friends,talk about jobs for the boys.

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
Lewes were indeed fine with "their own blokes" - those loyal lads who disappeared at the same time as Steve King!!

I don't know whether it is the same in other parts of the country but non league in Sussex has for at least the last 20-30 years been typified by players following managers when they leave. Sometimes almost whole teams wil follow a manager from one county league club to another at the end of a season.

Bizarre.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Anyone know what attendances Eastbourne are getting, and how many up on last year it is?

They had 1609 for the first home game. Take out the Lewes games and cup games from last season and about 1000 up.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not bad, not bad at all. Although that will drop I suppose once the novelty wears off. If they can stay above 1,000 they'll be doing well, and that's just about enough support to maintain a conference club I would think.

I think they have sold about 500-600 season tickets, so with away support and the non-season ticket holder home fans, I would think 1000 average would be easy to maintain.

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
KK is an idiot. People at Brighton like MA always say that he had interesting ideas as to how the game should be played. Funny how he was kept well away from the playing team during all that time then. He's clearly a muppet. Lewes don't need to be bolloxing around trying to play football to some clueless idiot's ideals as to how the game should be. Lewes need to be winning football matches. They're f***ed. They're worse than Burgess Hill. They'll finish bottom by a mile, lose the few fans they had from last season, and probably fold next year. What a f*** up. They had a really good unit last year. May not have been the prettiest but they won games, played for each other, and would have done a better job than these losers. Why do monumental f*** ups keep having to happen to Sussex sport. WHHHHHHHYYYYYYYY???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
shows what happens when you spend your way to success that at the end of the day isnt sustainable

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here