Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes FC match posters

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
£11 for watching pub football isn't bad.

In fact I'd probably pop along even if they only gave me a tenner.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
I have the Albion game poster stuck to my fridge.

It's a great little club run by some very dedicated and talented people. Crowds are 500+ which is very high for Ryman Premier (Whitehawk who are top get closer to 100 I believe). The only problem (at least recently) is that the quality of the football is dreadful.

PG

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
What kind of gates do they get? Are most punters just there for the football or do some people actually support Lewes?
Most of the people that go to games are supporters.

I have the Albion game poster stuck to my fridge.

It's a great little club run by some very dedicated and talented people. Crowds are 500+ which is very high for Ryman Premier (Whitehawk who are top get closer to 100 I believe). The only problem (at least recently) is that the quality of the football is dreadful.

PG

It's no surprise Whitehawk get such low attendances. Their ground is awful. I went there for the Lewes game. The pitch was at all different angles, the stand behind the far goal was covered in scaffolding and tools and one side of the pitch is a huge chalk bank. The service when I got chips there was diabolical as well. And they've gone up the leagues too quickly on their owners money so they haven't had time to build up more fans.

Anyway, the Dripping Pan is a great place to go when the Albion aren't playing. The team is full of injuries at the moment and they have a tiny playing budget so they are struggling at the moment. I would recommend going to see Lewes play to anyone on here who hasn't. There is always a nice atmosphere at the Pan and the club could always do with some more support.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Got to say, I think this is the pick of the bunch so far...

leatherhead-poster.jpg

It's no surprise Whitehawk get such low attendances. Their ground is awful. I went there for the Lewes game. The pitch was at all different angles, the stand behind the far goal was covered in scaffolding and tools and one side of the pitch is a huge chalk bank. The service when I got chips there was diabolical as well. And they've gone up the leagues too quickly on their owners money so they haven't had time to build up more fans.

That's terrible, what ever did you do? If I had to suffer such "facilities" at a Ryman League match I'd never go again

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here