Lewes district: Tory gain?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
I'm in Lewes castle area so there's no Seagull's party candidate.

I haven't got a clue who to vote for but i will vote.

Who, or what party will i be best voting for that will help BHA's stadium cause the most.

I don't care for any of the political shite but i do beleive that it should be made a legal obligation to vote.

What are the independant candidates like ? Is Rob Shephard any good...i ain't got a clue :dunce:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
jevs said:

Who, or what party will i be best voting for that will help BHA's stadium cause the most.

I don't care for any of the political shite but i do beleive that it should be made a legal obligation to vote.

What are the independant candidates like ? Is Rob Shephard any good...i ain't got a clue :dunce:
Thanks for the support. In all seriousness I'd PM Lord Bracknell or Roz and ask them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lord Bracknell said:
A very large proportion of the "don't cares" are really "don't understand why LDC are being so disruptive and certainly don't want my council tax spent on blocking the stadium".

A lot of people are annoyed about the amount of council tax spent.
Also heard around here is why are LDC fighting the stadium but not the incinerator?

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
jevs said:

I refer the Hon. Gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.....

The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
Having done some research, I would now conclude that a tactical vote for the Tories (if there is no Seagulls party candidate in your ward) is the best idea possible.

That is all.

This advice comes from a TRIED and TESTED source. You have not been charged for this information.

Last edited:

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
How will we will find out the results easily and quickly? Also, what time of day will they be announced?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Only time I've ever wanted the Tories to win any election anywhere ever. But as long as they kick the shit out of the Lib Dems in an electoral stylee, there will be dancing in the streets of Preston Park on Thursday night.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Temporary Slim Bars said:
How will we will find out the results easily and quickly? Also, what time of day will they be announced?

NSC will crash, so best bet would be BrightonFans, don't tell everybody otherwise that will crash.

The result will be known on the evening of 3rd May, unless I am truly mistaken.

Dandyman

In London village.
33057 Seagull said:
He must be the only one, the other Tories on Lewes voted with the LibDems to oppose the stadium and at the last Brighton & Hove elections (same time as the General Election) pro Falmer Tory council candidates in Woodingdean & Saltdean were deselected by their party as they were pro Falmer.

I guess Seagulls Party is the only choice or Labour as they have always at least in Lewes been the only party pro Falmer Stadium.
(I don't reckon the Greens are behind us either!)

The LDC planning committee is made up of LibDems and Tories. The Tories are NOT pro-Falmer as their voting record shows. In addition to SP candidates there are some very positive independent candidates. Ruth O'Keefe in Lewes Priory, for example, has a record of opposing the LDC line and is very active in fighting for ordinary people.

Dandyman

In London village.
The Clown of Pevensey Bay said:
I refer the Hon. Gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.....

This advice comes from a TRIED and TESTED source. You have not been charged for this information.

Rob Sheppard is a far better candidate than Tories who have already voted for the LDC anti-Falmer line.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Barrel of Fun said:
NSC will crash, so best bet would be BrightonFans, don't tell everybody otherwise that will crash.

The result will be known on the evening of 3rd May, unless I am truly mistaken.

Brightonfans never crashes. :angry:

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Dandyman said:
Rob Sheppard is a far better candidate than Tories who have already voted for the LDC anti-Falmer line.

Yep....just had the labour flyer through the door and there is a small section about Falmer and Richard Black's support for it.

He'll be getting my vote along with Rob Shepherd from the independant party (Ruth O'Keefe is always around doing lots for the town)

As for clown of Pevensey's advice.....i think you're barking up the wrong tree pal....The tories are anti-Falmer

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I live in the only part of Burgess Hill that comes under LDC durisdiction. Unfortunately I have a choice of Lib Dems, Torys or UKIP. I can't bring myself to vote for the Torys so it looks like I won't be voting at all. Bollocks.

Dandyman said:
The LDC planning committee is made up of LibDems and Tories. The Tories are NOT pro-Falmer as their voting record shows. In addition to SP candidates there are some very positive independent candidates. Ruth O'Keefe in Lewes Priory, for example, has a record of opposing the LDC line and is very active in fighting for ordinary people.
Some voices within the Tory party have, at long last, been making encouraging pro-Falmer noises. We shall hold them to that, after the election.

If you live in Lewes Priory ward, a vote for Steve Williams is obviously a vote for the stadium.

And Ruth O'Keeffe is an excellent, hardworking, popular councillor who is a genuine independent voice on the Council - Seagulls Party supporters in Priory ward are fortunate to have the option of voting for Ruth as well as Steve.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Vote Jackson in Newhaven Meeching. You know it makes t'sense. :jester:

Dandyman said:
Indeed.

As is John Stockdale, who is standing as an Independent candidate in Roz South's Bridge ward, where two councillors are being elected.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
jevs said:
As for clown of Pevensey's advice.....i think you're barking up the wrong tree pal....The tories are anti-Falmer

My feeling is -- and it's a well-sourced feeling -- that the Tories will not waste lots of tax payers' cash challenging the YES decision if they take control of the council.

There. I've said it now.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Newhaven count doesn't start until 9am on Friday.

jevs said:
Yep....just had the labour flyer through the door and there is a small section about Falmer and Richard Black's support for it.

He'll be getting my vote along with Rob Shepherd from the independant party (Ruth O'Keefe is always around doing lots for the town)

Sussex tories are anti-Albion and always have been-Fatty Soames, Bottomley and others have all refused to support us. That shit for brains tory twat outside the conference centre couldn't even get the club's name right. SP or Independent would be my choice but if Pevensey says the tories would be a better option go with his advice.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports