Lewes District Council drop Falmer case?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Man of Harveys said:
I know our case was watertight anyway but I for one am glad we're not beholden to some mad/senile judge who perhaps doesn't know anything much about the case and might not like football fans full stop, like Private Eye or something. I don't trust the establishment man!

WE WILL WIN! :clap2: :clap2: :bounce: :bounce:

But surely if it goes to a Judicial Review then the judge is only reviewing the process of the application not the application itself. Now LDC have highlighted what they object to, and if Ruth Kelly, decides in the light of new submissions that the answer is 'yes', then LDC surely have no leg to stand on because their objections have been reviewed and they cannot bring anything new into the process because it will be thrown out because they didn't submit them earlier.

Also by not spending money now leads to the suggestion that their war chest isn't that considerable and that they have to tread carefully if they do spend it, because if they lose and have to raise Council Tax or lower the budget for other services then it is going to rebound politically on the Lib Dems as the governing party of LDC.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
its just a delaying tactic that has been completed by LDC in my eyes, they knew they would do this all along the bastards :angry:

Grunty

Jan 16, 2004
Worthing
Dave the Gaffer said:
YOU f***ing TIME WASTING COCKJUGGLING THUNDERCUNTS. IF YOU HAD SAID THIS WHEN MARTIN PERRY OFFERED IT, WE WOULD PROBABLY HAVE RECEIVED THE RUTH KELLY JUDGEMENT BY NOW. SUE THEIR ARSES OFF DICK FOR WASTING OUR TIME

my thoughts entirely.
but with nobs on !!

YES YES YES
ive cum!!!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
pinocchio.jpg

____________David Neighbour____________

Last edited:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Long way to go and we shouldn't pop champagne until Kerry Mayo leads the team out at Falmer.

BUT we got 'em on the run AT LAST! :clap:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Brovian said:
Exactly. This is not really good news but just part of their plan. They've delayed it long enough to drive us a bit nearer the wall (or tbhe country a bit nearer to a Tory government) but not long enough to cost them any money.

We've won nothing and nothing has changed.
I wouldn't be quite so downbeat about it. It does show - despite Neighbour's cringingly embarrassing press release - that Lewes don't have the stomach for a real fight. And we have won back two months from the schedule.

Whatever, it was a stand-off, and it was a case of who blinked first...

Last edited:

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
We are most defenetly in the driving seat now.:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

It just shows that LDC knew they couldnt win and the were just hopin for the best by delaying it. Its now likley that Ruth Kelly will now give the go ahead again and It will be water-tight. Which means that they wont have any grounds for an appeal, and if they tried they wouldnt even get permission for that appeal.:clap2:

On the home straight methinks.:drink:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I reckon LDC have run out of money...They were always short of a few bob and I reckon that they are potless now - It would be the only explanation for their change in direction

_wilka_ said:
Where is Lord Bracknell :angry: :angry: :angry:
In Granada, having a quiet kip after a superb day visiting the Alhambra.

Or at least I was until a phone call from TLO with today´s news interrupted my slumbers.

Congratulations to everyone on NSC ... the analysis of this latest development is spot on. LDC´s spin tries to conceal the fact that they could have accepted the offer from the government´s lawyers MONTHS AGO.

My guess about what happens next is that the period for further representations from interested parties will conclude in December, Kelly will announce her YES decision in late January. And LDC, Falmer PC and the rest of the timewasters will have until about mid March to come to the realisation that any further appeal will be futile.

Obviously, if they DO decide to appeal, then the Seagulls Party will be well prepared to hit them where it hurts ... at the ballot box.

Weather glorious. Wish you were here. Back in time for the Blackpool match.

PS... How have the Albion been doing lately?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
ok, chatted with a few mates and think this may not be quite the great news that it first seems

if LDC pursued high court proceedings i imagine it would cost them considerably.

however, by removing their objection and letting the planning process continue (ie we seek new approval from ruth kelly), ldc saves funds.

should the decision go against them, they then re-enter the frame with the same set of objections they originally tabled, thus saving them money in the short-term but providing us the same repetitive headache overall.

want to be excited, and think there lack of conviction doesnt look v good for them, but doubt we've heard the last from this bunch of jumped up tossers.

thoughts?

Last edited:

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Rich Suvner said:

should the decision go against them, they then re-enter the frame with the same set of objections they originally tabled, thus saving them money in the short-term but providing us the same repetitive headache overall.

thoughts?

Unlikely!

Ruth Kelly, if she says YES, should cover off all 16 of LDC's objections in her new decision.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Rich Suvner said:

They surely wouldn't be able to do that if all their objections are addressed in the new Decision Letter. They were mostly about interpretation of policy guidelines - and the ultimate authority on that is the Secretary of State (see Lord B's signature - the red bit).

Last edited:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Rich Suvner said:
ok, chatted with a few mates and think this may not be quite the great news that it first seems

if LDC pursued high court proceedings i imagine it would cost them considerably.

however, by removing their objection and letting the planning process continue (ie we seek new approval from ruth kelly), ldc saves funds.

want to be excited, and think there lack of conviction doesnt look v good for them, but doubt we've heard the last from this bunch of jumped up tossers.

thoughts?
i hope youre wrong, but i tend to agree with you.
theres a few twists in this yet

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports