Lewes DC candidates published

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Re: Re: Re: Lewes DC candidates published

vauxhallexile said:
Correct - Lib Dems were using Focus decades before Archer came on the scene with Focus DIY.

Am surprised that there are only 4 Seagulls Party candidates standing...but will be interesting to see the results.
I was a bit surprised at that as well, but as we're a single-issue party there is no point in standing against people who already support our aims. Hopefully a bit of research has been done in that respect. I'll happily support any pro-Falmer candidate standing against an incumbent LibDem - regardless of their party.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Come on Ed, Roz et all, kick some arse :clap: :bowdown:

Dave the Gaffer said:
Can someone in the know explain why we are not putting anyone up against Pepper in the Kingston Ward, that includes Falmer.

I would have thought it would be interesting to see if we could take some of her votes away especially as there is a "Green" standing, or is the "Green" standing on a pro stadium ticket anyway?
Marina Pepper isn't standing in the Kingston ward. She's standing in East Saltdean & Telscombe (which is where she was elected four years ago).

What is surprising about Kingston is that the Tories have failed to put up a candidate.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
sorry misead it...I meant Mel Cuttress!

Barrel of Fun said:
Shame that there are not more candidates standing, unless it is tactical.
We are aiming to make an impact on the future shape of the Council.

This means concentrating on wards where the intervention of one Seagulls Party candidate will be most effective. I don't think anyone would thank us if we split the anti-Lib Dem vote in a way that would give them a greater chance of winning easily.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
The Seagulls Party said:
We are aiming to make an impact on the future shape of the Council.

This means concentrating on wards where the intervention of one Seagulls Party candidate will be most effective. I don't think anyone would thank us if we split the anti-Lib Dem vote in a way that would give them a greater chance of winning easily.

That is what I suspected, but I thought there may be more than four. I do not know the logistics and breakdown of the voting, but I trust your judgement. Best of luck and I will be rooting for you all.

Just a shame I can't vote! :(

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I cannot vote there either,but I'm inclined to vote against the Lib Dems where I live on principle,especially as my MP is a QPR supporter who refuses to sign the EDM.

As a member of the Seagulls Party I look forward to some amazing returns on the night.

Good luck all!

sid

Banned
Feb 16, 2007
Re: Re: Re: Re: Lewes DC candidates published

Brovian said:
I was a bit surprised at that as well, but as we're a single-issue party there is no point in standing against people who already support our aims. Hopefully a bit of research has been done in that respect. I'll happily support any pro-Falmer candidate standing against an incumbent LibDem - regardless of their party.
problem is some people who support the club talk the talk but do not walk the walk steve williams is a top bloke putting himself up front ,get out there and back him at the ballot box

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Good Luck to them all - I hope Albion Supporters who live in the Lews area, but not in the Wards concerned get out and support them

sid

Banned
Feb 16, 2007
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
Good Luck to them all - I hope Albion Supporters who live in the Lews area, but not in the Wards concerned get out and support them
lewes hardcore through and through

sid

Banned
Feb 16, 2007
Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
lewes residents have changed over the past 25 years the town has now seen an influx of arty farty and middle class people with no interest in the albion but there are still numbers of footy fans left in the town ,landport and malling estates to name a couple of areas who are not just albion fans who will back the club come the day;lewes for real lewes people ITK

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4 said:
I hope Albion Supporters who live in the Lewes area, but not in the Wards concerned get out and support them
Any help will be most welcome.

The party "machine" is whirring into action to let the electors of Lewes
District know what we stand for and who our candidates are. The principal
means of getting this message over is to deliver a leaflet for each
candidate to every address in their ward. The leaflet will be by far the
most professional, well-designed and thought-provoking literature of any
party at this election, but we need help to get it to those electors.

The leaflets will be ready for the end of next week, that is around the
weekend of 21st/22nd April. What we need are volunteers to deliver them
through house letter-boxes.

We have divided each of the four wards up into a number of different rounds,
each of roughly an hour's duration and logically following the street
pattern. Armed with the information for the round, which will include every
address to which to deliver and a map, it should be fairly easy to complete
this task. You will also get to wear our limited edition 3-inch diameter
Seagulls Party worker badge as well - they are actually quite
smart!

If you have some time available from that weekend onwards to election day
itself, please let us know. The plan is to "hit" a particular area on each
of several evenings as a mass event, but that doesn't preclude anyone from
doing a round at their own time and their own pace.

While each leaflet can itself be used as a window poster, we will in
addition have larger posters available for anyone who wants to put one up at
home, at work, etc. Again, please let us know - and if you know of others
who would be willing to do the same, let us know about them too. (These are
limited to those within Lewes District!)

There are great efforts going on at this end to secure a good result in
these elections. If you are able to help at all, please get in touch.

A PM through NSC will reach us, or email elections07@seagullsparty.org

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
sid said:
lewes residents have changed over the past 25 years the town has now seen an influx of arty farty and middle class people with no interest in the albion but there are still numbers of footy fans left in the town ,landport and malling estates to name a couple of areas who are not just albion fans who will back the club come the day;lewes for real lewes people ITK

Don't bank on it.

The "real" Lewesians I spoke to a couple of months ago (who have lived there all their lives) were very ignorant of the facts and one actually told me the Albion could "go f*** themselves" and reminded me that we sold our ground. :rolleyes: When pushed, he agreed that if we were a rugby club, he'd support Falmer. In his defence he was drunk!

Nobody should underestimate the effort that will be required to make an impact at these elections.

sid

Banned
Feb 16, 2007
sully said:
Don't bank on it.

The "real" Lewesians I spoke to a couple of months ago (who have lived there all their lives) were very ignorant of the facts and one actually told me the Albion could "go f*** themselves" and reminded me that we sold our ground. :rolleyes: When pushed, he agreed that if we were a rugby club, he'd support Falmer. In his defence he was drunk!

Nobody should underestimate the effort that will be required to make an impact at these elections.
yes agree to a point but lets wait and see,drink talk is never going to win anything ITK

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
sully said:
Don't bank on it.

To be honest I'm sure a majority of Lewes residents couldn't give a monkey's about the Albion - but that isn't the point. The SP candidates are against money being wasted fighting a battle which really is nothing to do with LDC. Often this money (which could be better spent on things that would REALLY help Lewes) has been allocated secretly with Councillors and officials obfuscating the facts. Unless I've missed something that's the real campaign 'message'. In retrospect they may have been better with a name something like Lewes Residents Party to highlight the fact that it's got nothing to do with football (honest guv) and everything to do with accountability.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lewes District council covers a lot more than Lewes. Seaford and Newhaven for example.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports