Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lewes Bonfire Night

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
What's all this don't expect a pint mallarcy? I've been every year and there's no problem getting served, with loads of extra outside bars etc. Last year I went to the Snowdrop, the Dorset, The John Harvey Tavern (excellent Hog Roast), The Royal Oak, The Lansdown, The Elephant and Castle and the Green Man, didn't have any problem getting served at any of them and had a cracking night. I recommend Commercial Square's display, it's a little hidden away. Make full use of alleyways!

Same here managed to get into one or two and got served no problems, also went to Commercial Square as its the only one free. Train wise had no problems traveled from Haywards Heath after college, and got back to Crawley pretty quickly, think its the Eastern Sussex rail routes (Brighton and East Coastway), that get a lot more crammed than the Mid Sussex/ Gatwick/ London bound route as not much of a queue that way. Plus did not get moaned at by the locals got a friendly welcome chatting to bar staff about various stuff. Hope you enjoy it I certainly did and keen to go again. :thumbsup:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Lindfield Bonfire Society can be guaranteed to put on a very good night on the 5th. Well worth considering since it has all the bonfire atmosphere you could shake a fiery stick at. But with none of the constant herding into small places you never wanted to be herded into that spectators can rely on in Lewes.

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
Lindfield Bonfire Society can be guaranteed to put on a very good night on the 5th. Well worth considering since it has all the bonfire atmosphere you could shake a fiery stick at. But with none of the constant herding into small places you never wanted to be herded into that spectators can rely on in Lewes.

Agreed is pretty good if you want something, not as busy as Lewes and more laid back not being shoved about, plenty of quality pubs to choose from (Stand Up Inn, The Witch being favs) for drinks and grub, impressive bonfire and similar display to Lewes feels different being a village though not as noisy. No problems getting there and back (don't have to turn up as early as Lewes). Went to Lindfield in the past, loved it though at the mo prefer Lewes as young and single though if I had a young family with kids would take them to Lindfield without a doubt as more family friendly.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'll be finishing work in Lewes as early as possible and then escaping the town as quickly as possible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here