[Albion] Levi Colwill

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
Impressive from Chelsea Football Club, tying top young players down to lengthy contracts. It makes good business sense. And now with their multi club model involving RC Strasbourg there's a strong pathway model which won't revolve around loaning to other Premier League clubs.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Gordon Celery

Jul 31, 2023
One if your players, Cucurella, was talking about Caicedo moving to Chelsea & saying it would be a good move, so is that a lack of class?
That was after Moises himself said he wanted to move to Chelsea, so Cucurella was simply quoting him.

Moises Caicedo on Chelsea transfer:
"It's a big team, that's true. A very historic team which I can't say no [to joining] because it's a very big, historic, beautiful team."

Colwill on the other hand had not said he wanted a permanent Brighton transfer and also had a contract offer pending from Chelsea Football Club. Big difference.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
That was after Moises himself said he wanted to move to Chelsea, so Cucurella was simply quoting him.

"It's a big team, that's true. A very historic team which I can't say no [to joining] because it's a very big, historic, beautiful team."

Colwill on the other hand had not said he wanted a permanent Brighton transfer and also had a contract offer pending from Chelsea Football Club. Big difference.
Off you pop fella. You’re on the wrong board.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

Hmm, 'wouldn't say no' isn't the same as 'I want to', is it?

Some comprehension lessons might be useful celery boy.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

He clearly was open to moving to Brighton. He left his Brighton players on his Twitter background picture right up until yesterday when he posted his thank u to us . He had lots of messages from Chelsea fans asking him to change it 5 weeks ago !

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Good luck to Levi, he seems like a top bloke and.more than played his part in our most memorable season.

Quite how he will fit in with the other mercenaries, fading stars on bloated contracts and overpaid donkeys at London's most dsyfunctional club will be an interesting watch.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Interesting use of the word Brighton ‘claim’ in Naylors article.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Cucurella said more than that. He was not just quoting. He talked about it being a good move and that Chelsea would be getting a good player. But yes such a BIG difference.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Clever switched on lad with his comments on signing for six years

"It's always been an easy decision," said Colwill.

"'As I've grown up, all I've known is Chelsea. I've spoken with the manager [Mauricio Pochettino] and he's given me reassurance, that trust I needed.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I suspect the Fofana injury was the clincher.
His pathway for first team football was virtually assured after that.

Good luck to him.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Clever switched on lad with his comments on signing for six years

"It's always been an easy decision," said Colwill.

"'As I've grown up, all I've known is Chelsea. I've spoken with the manager [Mauricio Pochettino] and he's given me reassurance, that trust I needed.
I think one way or another he has played this game extremely well and ended up with an unbelievable contract and a guarantee of first team football at Chelsea, all with the help of TB. It must be part of our strategy to help them go bust! 😂

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I wonder if he knew this was coming the day after he signed a six year contract

Chelsea have signed centre-back Axel Disasi from Monaco in a six-year deal.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

Not just a centre back, but a France International centre back...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

Maybe he'll be loaned out...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

He’s right footed so isn’t direct competition for Colwill really, Sarr and the injured Badiashile are the other left footed centre backs in their squad.

Although Chelsea seem to be signing enough players that they can have separate squads for every competition they are in this season and probably still have enough left over for a European squad too. Oh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports