Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Remember the days when spending 120k was massive!
Craig Davies - wore the 25 and scored on debut I think. Rememeber being so excited that we’d spent 125k (I think) on a striker. Do actually miss those days a bit!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I would be so, so excited about this. I don't think he's been as good as pundits have said and maybe we feel. He's been really impressive. But it's potential. His ceiling is exceptionally high and he's a shoe in for the England team in the next year or two, perhaps even alongside Dunk for a season or so. Signing Colwill would be the absolute perfect antidote to losing Mac and possibly Moises.
Also, for a player with so much hype to WANT to leave a club like Chelsea for us feels massive. I know it happened with Gilmour and Lamptey, but this would feel like a huge statement.
I’m not bowled over by his season either and seemingly don’t rate him as high as others tbh. I do think he improves the team though and is better than Webster (who is decent too btw).

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
They need sales before the end of this month. Mount and Havertz are attracting attention but perhaps Chelsea need £100m+ in sales ASAP to balance things. I think the club might smell blood here. Chelsea might simply have to sell to avoid punishment.
I read this and it makes me warm with excitement…the fact that Chelsea “have to sell” is such a sweet, delicious turn of events from the last 15/20 years since those wankers have stockpiled players without a f***ing second thought for FFP, fair play in general or the spirit of this great game. f***ing tremendous.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn’t Bhoely invite Tony Bloom, amongst others, to Chelsea back in March to pitch the idea of purchasing some of their unwanted players. That’s like showing your cards to TB in a game of poker. ( appreciate that Colwill wasn’t on the ‘unwanted list’)
Never heard of this? Do you mean physically or metaphorically - I assume the latter?

GJN1

Nov 4, 2014
Brighton
I agree. I think we've got a bit carried away with Colwill. He's a classy player but I'm not sure he's worth more than 40m., even in this marker I'm sure there are plenty of alternative options that will prevent us from being held to ransom.
Am I the only one who thought White wasn't all that? Don't get me wrong, he was very good but he tended to go long a lot more than the rest of our defence.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
I really can’t stand this puppet. Some of what he writes is true or some truth, some complete bollocks puppeted from agents. It’s the ‘fan base’ and media attention he gets that irks me a bit. He’s just very unlikeable and cocksure.
He’s a ****. A social media construct who’ll get more annoying with f***ing Ai.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We don't have much leverage IF Moises really wants Arsenal. Brighton have kept their word with Alexis why would they be any different with Moises...hes not going to just go to Chelsea to appease us so we get Colwill! IF these deals happen they will be two separate ones imo.
Alexis may have been given a different word to Moises though.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Moises agent has said there's no release clause in his contract so totally differently ball game.
I know it’s been done in this thread but pretty confident (as Naylor said ) it wasn’t a ‘release clause’ as such. But yes, doesn’t sound like Moises has any type of clause.

‘Mac Allister's contract has a mechanism which can help to facilitate a move. It isn't a typical release clause (you offer X, he goes). Brighton have a say over the outcome’

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Never heard of this? Do you mean physically or metaphorically - I assume the latter?
I’m sure there was some meeting in London where Chelsea execs / Bhoely invited a small group of individuals including Bloom. However, my memory is not what it used to be.....someone will either also remember it or confirm that I’m talking b@llocks!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Players usually only resort to transfer requests when they know they can earn more money by moving club that’s not likely to happen in this case .
MAybe he's not a twat , in the usual finacially driven footballer sense ?

unlikely I know, but retiring at 30-35 with 5m in the bank vs 15m in the bank. . . . . Tough decisions. . . . The extra 10 WILL be wasted on bling.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
MAybe he's not a twat , in the usual finacially driven footballer sense ?

unlikely I know, but retiring at 30-35 with 5m in the bank vs 15m in the bank. . . . . Tough decisions. . . . The extra 10 WILL be wasted on bling.
I wouldn't want him if he put in a transfer request to get here.
You sign up to a contract, deal with the consequences.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Craig Davies - wore the 25 and scored on debut I think. Rememeber being so excited that we’d spent 125k (I think) on a striker. Do actually miss those days a bit!
I remember that game well. I think McNulty also made his debut and scored? Lost 4-2?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Wouldn’t you have been more excited by the £300k we spent on Glenn Murray a year earlier?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Got to wonder who it is that is sharing this information. It's not the Albion, there's no upside for us. So it's either the player's agent looking to attract other bidders or it's Chelsea letting other clubs know there is a deal to be done whilst denying there is a deal to be done. Neither of those are good news for us.

But my goodness, I never thought we'd be living in a time where Brighton would be offering £40m for a player, having just signed another for £30m.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Don’t rule out that instead of Colwill maybe Chelsea will see the benefit in loaning out Mudryk to us for a season so we can fix him as well and make him PL ready. Depends if Poch sees him as a first team player. The Caicedo deal may have nothing to do with Colwill at all.

Could be Mudryk loan and cash. He’s on such a long contract and had such a poor first 6 months that a season developing under a manager he already knows isn’t actually that stupid a business move. I suppose it fails if he’s cack at Brighton.
It’s the move Mudryk secretly wanted all along.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

I don’t know why Chelsea fans are getting arsey about this. If there’s a swap plus cash deal to be done for Caicedo, raising our bid for Colwill would effectively give them a £10m discount on Moises. Maybe it’s even a way of oiling the wheels to make that deal a possibility if Chelsea think Caicedo’s price tag is off the scale. And we can still hold that price tag for other clubs that come calling.

Alternatively, it may just be that there is absolutely no chance of Caicedo going to Chelsea so we’ve got to stump up the big bucks for Levi. It seems very unlikely with TB at the helm that we’d shoot ourselves in the foot to the tune of £10m if Colwill ends up being included. It’s sure to be part of a plan.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here