Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi Colwill

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
To save me trawling through the thread. How long has he got left on his Chelsea contract please ?
2025 with a 1 year option. (dependent on appearances) . So it would be a hefty fee if we or anyone bought him - assuming Chelsea wanted to sell him which by all accounts they don't.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
There is no way Colwill is that sort of money. White went for £50m because Arsenal wanted him so badly. There won't be that demand for Colwill. Going to depend on whether Pochettino rates him not, and whether Colwill wants regular game time. Could be another season loan potentially too.

Won't there? Liverpool were one the clubs that have been linked.

albionalex

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto
Having this debate today: how much would you be happy to pay for Colwill?

I think when you consider Webster was 20 odd, I’ve got to think about 35/40m? He’s such a Rolls Royce of a player I would think that’s quite a fair price.

Interesting conundrum for Chelsea isn’t it, they need to sell players really before they buy but I can imagine Colwill would be the one they don’t want to sell but he’d fetch a lot of money.

Question is, could we find a similar quality/potential player for less than that?

I think we probably could.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I do think Chelsea will sell him as they have a collection of centre backs who they won’t be able to get rid off.
The only we get him is if we allow Chelsea priority on someone they want.
Mac for colwill plus £30m works for me.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I do think Chelsea will sell him as they have a collection of centre backs who they won’t be able to get rid off.
The only we get him is if we allow Chelsea priority on someone they want.
Mac for colwill plus £30m works for me.
Why would any of our best players want to go anywhere near Chelsea right now? I could understand leaving to play Champions League or to go to a proper big club such as Liverpool but Chelsea - out of Europe and in their current basket case state - don’t see that happening

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Why would any of our best players want to go anywhere near Chelsea right now? I could understand leaving to play Champions League or to go to a proper big club such as Liverpool but Chelsea - out of Europe and in their current basket case state - don’t see that happening

Why would any decent player go there now? Unless they are only bothered about the money, the place is a mess and they’d be in competition with about 5 other players per position.

I can definitely believe in Colwill wanting to stay here, it’s just whether that’s something that can be agreed.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
A DULLARD can correct me, but my understanding is that Chelsea will need to sell someone, with academy players most beneficial, so why not?
Most journalists reckon the whole Chelsea squad is up for sale this summer, if the offers are right, as they desperately need to balance the books. As you say academy players reap them the most money so despite any public announcements from Chelsea they’d consider it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Nobody is talking about England but - for me- he is better than Guehi and Maguire. If he says at Brighton he gets European football, first team football guaranteed and that means a chance to impress Southgate.

At Chelsea he doesn't know how he will fit in with Thiago Silva, Fofana, Koulibaly, Badiashile all there and 3 on long contracts.

I think we will try and sign Colwill.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
#FreeLeviColwill

:moo:
Yes he's always wanted to play for us, he's even been been to the beach with his family as a kid and everything thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here