Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Levi Colwill *Signed on Season-Long Loan 05/08/2022*

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Guess it makes a change from all these sportswashing deals funded by petro-states like Qatar and Saudi Arabia etc.

More a case of, um…

…stonewashing?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I thought they were Spurs fans? The late great Rick Parfitt certainly alluded to be.

Cockney reds if their 1994 FA Cup Final single was anything to go by. Actually, I suspect that they weren't really football fans at all.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
BBC gossip section stating that we are one of four clubs linked to taking Colwill on loan. Wouldn't be our normal MO but possibly something in it if there's an option for a permanent deal.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
BBC gossip section stating that we are one of four clubs linked to taking Colwill on loan. Wouldn't be our normal MO but possibly something in it if there's an option for a permanent deal.

That's a link to an Argus article, which alludes to our interest in an outright purchase, not a loan.

From the argus,

"Leicester, Crystal Palace, Albion and Nottingham Forest - who were promoted thanks to Colwill’s unfortunate own goal in the play-off final - are all reported to be interested, should he move on."

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Young, left footed and very talented. But as you say, we’re not in the business of developing Big Six talent like Palace or Stains unless there is a permanent option. Perhaps he knows Tariq?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Suspect we’d only be after a permanent on this one. Could happen at the right cost, with small sell on etc. You wonder if Chelsea would be that keen though given the fallout from Tariq/Livramento sales. No way he’s coming here, on loan, to sit on the bench.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
Suspect we’d only be after a permanent on this one. Could happen at the right cost, with small sell on etc. You wonder if Chelsea would be that keen though given the fallout from Tariq/Livramento sales. No way he’s coming here, on loan, to sit on the bench.
Agree. We don’t do loans. With Livramento Chelsea have a buy-back clause I believe. Man City reportedly have one for Gavin Bazunu too. It’s not something I think we’re comfortable with but Southampton don’t seem bothered.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Agree. We don’t do loans. With Livramento Chelsea have a buy-back clause I believe. Man City reportedly have one for Gavin Bazunu too. It’s not something I think we’re comfortable with but Southampton don’t seem bothered.

They wouldn’t, the *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Double bubble buying them back from a championship team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Chelsea’s tactics definitely changed after the success of Lamptey and the lack of sell on (maybe?) / buy back with Chelsea

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Chelsea’s tactics definitely changed after the success of Lamptey and the lack of sell on (maybe?) / buy back with Chelsea
I'm pretty certain there is a sell-on for Lamptey.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I'm pretty certain there is a sell-on for Lamptey.

Wasnt Lamptey down to the last six months of his contact at Chelsea? I don't think they were in any position to demand a sell on.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here