Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Levelling Up Fund - £9.5 million for HOVE!!

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Reading the OP, and before getting to the 'Location' of this funding, the area that they're developing was the area I immediately thought of. It's bloody awful living near there. It's not a nice location and I rarely went walking along the beach, when I was down Westbourne Villas. Now I've moved to Seaford, I take a walk everyday along the beach because it's pleasant.
You seriously saying living in seaford is better than living in Hove off the seafront . There’s a reason seaford is a lot cheaper to buy property ..

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
You seriously saying living in seaford is better than living in Hove off the seafront . There’s a reason seaford is a lot cheaper to buy property ..
Which is why it’s the best kept secret in Sussex. Tide Mills to the West, Seaford Head to the East…

In Hove, to the East, you have a rusted skeleton of a pier, a yo-yoing donut and drunkards… to the West… ummm…Portslade?

In Seaford, you can sit on the beach without a soul around you and watch the world go by in peace.

In Hove, because of the sea road, you get the sound of constant traffic…

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Which is why it’s the best kept secret in Sussex. Tide Mills to the West, Seaford Head to the East…

In Hove, to the East, you have a rusted skeleton of a pier, a yo-yoing donut and drunkards… to the West… ummm…Portslade?

In Seaford, you can sit on the beach without a soul around you and watch the world go by in peace.

If there is not a soul around you what are you watching go by? The pebbles?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Tories in not spending money on poor people shocker!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

You think some tennis courts and a favourite with dog walkers next to a park and skate bowl should be turned into other tennis courts and another park and skate bowl on taxpayers money, because it’s BUSY?

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
as is so much public spending. real question is how on earth does a park cost £10m, just leave it as lawns. local people and council must have put in for funding and think this is one of the priorities :shrug:
Yes, it should be one hell of a park for £9.5m!

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Simple point that we live in areas of remarkable divergence; Bath has one of England's worst areas of deprivation: Twerton (where Bristol Rovers played for a while after being kicked out of Eastville to make place for IKEA, sound familiar?) yet is, overall, one of the most affluent places in the country.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016

Sounds a bit dull to me , like Saltdean or peacehaven just further along the coast .

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Sounds a bit dull to me , like Saltdean or peacehaven just further along the coast .
Seaford is nothing like Saltdean and Peacehaven.

Depends what you want out of a location though. In Seaford you can have the Sea and quiet beaches a mile away from stunning countryside.
Hove probably suits you because you like busy restaurants/bars, streets full of expensive flats and cars everywhere.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Seaford is nothing like Saltdean and Peacehaven.

Depends what you want out of a location though. In Seaford you can have the Sea and quiet beaches a mile away from stunning countryside.
Hove probably suits you because you like busy restaurants/bars, streets full of expensive flats and cars everywhere.
I'm an ardent defender of Newhaven myself. Famous old town. Just a shame that they killed its centre.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
They're building a park and a skatepark next to Hove Lagoon which has a park and a skatepark (and thereby removing two safe and enclosed spaces for exercising dogs on).
It's a bit like using government money to build a cycle lane ...... right next to a very usable cycle lane.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Indeed. Hove is in no way a marginal.

The best local example of a marginal I can think of is Hangleton and Knoll where the final Tory won by a single vote. Wouldn't want to be defending that.
Shhh .... you'll get accused of harassment and libel.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
BN3 one of the most sought after postcodes in the country . Obviously could improve , it’s not got enough decent clothes shops in my opinion and George street should be bulldozed but it has got a lot of what people want . Beach style living , lots of decent independent restaurants, artisan bakeries , nice coffee shops & period architecture as well as lots of green spaces .

Sounds simple but lots of places even in a county as pleasant as Sussex don’t have that or certainly not enough of it .

That’s why Central Hove is expensive by comparison to most other parts of Sussex and in fact most of the rest of England outside of London .

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
BN3 one of the most sought after postcodes in the country . Obviously could improve , it’s not got enough decent clothes shops in my opinion and George street should be bulldozed but it has got a lot of what people want . Beach style living , lots of decent independent restaurants, artisan bakeries , nice coffee shops & period architecture as well as lots of green spaces .

Sounds simple but lots of places even in a county as pleasant as Sussex don’t have that or certainly not enough of it .

That’s why Central Hove is expensive by comparison to most other parts of Sussex and in fact most of the rest of England outside of London .
You really need to stop judging how nice a place is based on the property prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here