Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Level of support in outlying areas of Sussex in terms of travelling to the Amex

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Littlehampton has traditionally always been the border outpost.
Like some far flung Wild West town, that time forgot.
Bognor is the start of Pompey.

Probably something to do with the trains.

Anyhoo, the trains from the West are comfortable until Worthing then, unsurprisingly, they get pretty rammed, pretty quick.

Bognor is more brighton these days

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
My son travels from Wellingborough...in between Kettering and Northampton and nephew travels from Isle of Wight....depending on ferries...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Bognor is more brighton these days
Bognor is more fickle these days.

I'd imagine a fair few of those were trotting off to Fratton in 'the good old days'.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
During the Withdean years there used to be about a dozen get on at Seaford with me. Now there's about 80. Damned JCL's.

Its easy to get the train from Seaford and Newhaven, I never got the train to Withdean, I got a lift or P & R.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I put this together from some season ticket holder info which I found lying around on the board: http://www.mcdee.net/tmp/bhafc.html. Not up-to-date (think it was 2011/12 season) and was put together for the travel coverage so doesn't cover the far-flung areas, but gives you a bit of an idea.

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
Being a map geek id love to see a map of England with little red dot where fans are from, obviously without zooming right in Sussex would be a big red blob but I think London, kent, hampshire and surrey would be interesting. Make it happen someone!

I'm also a map geek and I'd love to see this. The club could do it for Sths. I haven't seen anyone else on the easyjet flight from basel (only once a month I'm afraid) but if you are reading this and doing are doing it too, let me know.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I put this together from some season ticket holder info which I found lying around on the board: http://www.mcdee.net/tmp/bhafc.html. Not up-to-date (think it was 2011/12 season) and was put together for the travel coverage so doesn't cover the far-flung areas, but gives you a bit of an idea.

That's great, thanks for sharing.

ward is god

Dec 26, 2008
Somerset near Yeovil
On our travels from Somerset both home and away we are always cheered by the sight of an Albion car ( number plate, shirt, car sticker) from far and wide. We are often accosted by fans of other clubs at service stations on our route up north. What are you doing here? etc... Also loved it at Yeovil - 'Did you have a good journey? How long did it take you? .....ten minutes!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Have lived in little old Cowfold for nearly 25 years, and until the Amex opened in 2011 l thought l was just about the only real fan here. Particularly during the Withdean years l was the only fan on the 17 bus.

But my God now the Amex has opened every Tom, Dick, and Harriet has come out of the woodwork. I know of at least thirty others. Where were they during the Withdean years one wonders? ... hmmmmmm

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
On our travels from Somerset both home and away we are always cheered by the sight of an Albion car ( number plate, shirt, car sticker) from far and wide. We are often accosted by fans of other clubs at service stations on our route up north. What are you doing here? etc... Also loved it at Yeovil - 'Did you have a good journey? How long did it take you? .....ten minutes!

Am I the only one who always feels much more generous towards other motorists if there's an Albion sticker in their car? Far more likely to let them pull out in front of me in traffic with a cheery wave if they have some sort of Albion insignia.

Palace stickers, on the other hand....

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Am I the only one who always feels much more generous towards other motorists if there's an Albion sticker in their car? Far more likely to let them pull out in front of me in traffic with a cheery wave if they have some sort of Albion insignia.

Palace stickers, on the other hand....

You arent the only one, was about to let someone out earlier today until i saw a Palace logo hanging from their rear-view mirror, so i didnt bother.

Brighton on the other hand - ill always let them go.

STH from north-west Oxfordshire. A long way home after a defeat, but a happy journey home after victory! First Albion game was against Chesterfield in 1963 (1-1, with a goal from Roy Jennings, in case you were wondering).:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here