Letters to Prescott need to differ

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sep 18, 2003
If letters are round robins, there is less impact.

Write your own if you can.

Obviously, send a round robin rather than nothing.

Can anyone set up a sticky "letters library" that people can post their letters on, so others can adapt?

For what it is worth - I'd stress the community element.........

"Dear Sir

I wish to register my support for a community stadium at Falmer for the benefit of the City of Brighton and Hove.

I strongly disagree with the asertion that the area of Land identified is of "outstanding natural beauty", and that the building of a community stadium will conversely enhance the area, bringing much needed regeneration to the City with the removal of the 1960's prefabs and towers.

The community stadium at Falmer was backed overwhelmingly at the local elections in 1999, and later confirmed with the council vote of 11-1 in favour.

Over many years, the options for a viable community stadium have been narrowed by the council to Falmer, and Falmer only. All other sites have been considered, and none have been considered appropriate, leaving Falmer as the only realistic option.

Yours faithfully,

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this is a good point but the way I see it is every letter they get with the heading "Plannying App/Falmer/Whatever" they will just chuck in a big sack named Falmer and not read every letter all the way through....especially if they end up getting a couple thousand letters by tuesday.

Still a good idea to differ just incase

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
All good points, but just get writing. Whoever administers this site needs to fast track examples, keep 'em at the top etc so they're not lost in the rubbish. This could be our most desperate hour and we're right to worry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports