Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter to the FA

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016
I know you guys are frustrated but you need to let go and focus on Sheffield. Holding all this pent up rage is a distraction. You can Moan to the FA once you've won the play offs which (I think you will )

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I know you guys are frustrated but you need to let go and focus on Sheffield. Holding all this pent up rage is a distraction. You can Moan to the FA once you've won the play offs which (I think you will )
You are right of course.

2 days before match 1. Time to enjoy it.

At least the frustration or anger has taken away all the nerves.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

Exactly.

There's no resentment towards Boro apart from a few embarrassing prize plums on here.

Personally I can't wait until 7:45 Friday.

Enjoy your summer, should be fun spending the new riches.

Out of interest, which of Sunderland or Newcastle would you rather have been relegated.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Exactly.

There's no resentment towards Boro apart from a few embarrassing prize plums on here.

Personally I can't wait until 7:45 Friday.

Enjoy your summer, should be fun spending the new riches.

Out of interest, which of Sunderland or Newcastle would you rather have been relegated.
Get your tongue out of his ar$e hole

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Get your tongue out of his ar$e hole

Come off it Spence. This thread is one of the most embarrassing in the history of NSC.

He's been polite, why can't we be the same?

Writing to the FA? If I was a Palace fan I'd have tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks at the OP's comments.

Refs make shit decisions, Boro had one at Birmingham, we had one Saturday.

Move on and let's get to Wembley.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Come off it Spence. This thread is one of the most embarrassing in the history of NSC.

Writing to the FA? If I was a Palace fan I'd have tears of laughter rolling down my cheeks at the OP's comments.

Totally agree we need to move on but what has it got to do with other to fans to what is being discussed on here? Not sure why Boro fans would want to still be hanging around here but i probably could guess.

I personally don't think this will ever go away especially if Wednesday beat us. All because of a **** ref and the FA for not seeing that Stephens won a loose ball fairly. Hey ho

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Totally agree we need to move on but what has it got to do with other to fans to what is being discussed on here? Not sure why Boro fans would want to still be hanging around here but i probably could guess.

I personally don't think this will ever go away especially if Wednesday beat us. All because of a **** ref and the FA or not seeing that Stephens won a loose ball. Hey ho

Personally I'd be partying all week long if I was a Boro fan, but it takes all sorts.

There's a few of our lot on their boards too!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

I personally don't think this will ever go away especially if Wednesday beat us. All because of a **** ref and the FA for not seeing that Stephens won a loose ball fairly. Hey ho
Good advice can come from anywhere.
And the advice from this Boro fan is good.

Stash the anger with Dean or the FA away, it'll keep. If it's cooking revenge - that is traditionally best served cold anyway.

Enjoy the playoffs, pray that fate grants us Wembley. You never know where it'll lead.

Uptheboro11

May 7, 2016

Good on you.

Yeh I love the play offs. Last year, despite we lost, were the best 3 games in terms of excitement and enjoyment I've had since we were relegated!

I'd rather Newcastle because the way their club is run is a shambles from top to bottom. I like all north east teams doing well as its good for competition and attracting better players to the area but I think they need to go down and sort themselves out. Also they are the biggest of us 3 by quite a way in terms of club size and stature so quite funny they are now the lowest ranked :) will also be interesting to see if Benitez stays in the championship!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Unequivocal Proof that the FA were wrong to deny Stephens appeal...

My partner who like me, watched the incident several times. Claimed she was SPEECHLESS!
Never ever, in the whole of history has this been known to happen before!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

Agree totally, you would think people had never experienced football before. Refs get things wrong all the time, sometimes it goes for you sometimes it goes against you.

Dean sent him off because he had just spoken to him about his behaviour, his studs were up and the injury looked bad. The FA backed him on his decision. We might not agree but that's football.

The best thing we can do it put it behind us and concentrate on the games against Wednesday. Whatever people need to do to get past this is fine with me but please just do it quickly.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Dear Sirs,

Further to the decision of referee Mike Dean to send off Dale Stephens in the game between Middlesbrough and Brighton and Hove Albion on May 7, 2016, and the subsequent decision of the Football Association reviews panel to uphold his decision and enforce the full three-game ban on the player, for the benefit of clubs, players and fans throughout the country, I wonder if you could clarify the following new laws for football.

1. Intercepting and kicking a free ball is a punishable offence.
2. A completely accidental challenge on another player is a punishable offence.
3. The extent of any injury, even if attained by a fair or accidental challenge, shall determine the punishment given.
4. If the injury is sustained by a player not wearing full shin pads, and thereby attaining a worse injury than would otherwise be the case, the punishment is a red card.
5. Deliberately knocking a card out of the referee’s hand is lawful and should go unpunished.
6. Referees should allow themselves at all times to be told what card to issue on the advice of the injured player.
7. The final decision on any incident should be made by assistant referees with an obscured view who are standing at least 40 yards away, rather than the referee himself even if he is a few yards from the incident and saw it clearly.

I hope you can verify that these new rules are now in place. After all, it would be terrible, for example, if referees were allowed to inexplicably change a card from yellow to red, changing the course of a match and possibly the course of subsequent matches, purely on a whim with no requirement to explain their actions, even if they could potentially cost the player's club promotion and hundreds of millions of pounds.

Yours etc.

I know it's only little Brighton but I would love to hear the reasons for not overturning the red card.
As much as I am feeling hard done by as an Albion fan I think we can cope.
I really feel for Dale Stephens who's season has now ended & if truth be told Albion career has now ended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here