Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter in todays Argus - Is this Groundhog day?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
HOW MANY TIMES DO WE HAVE TO EXPLAIN THIS ?

UUURGRRGGGHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flameboun :flameboun :flameboun

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
:shootself

The taxi driver last Saturday said and I quote " have the club thought about building the stadium at Toads Hole Valley " :rolleyes: :angry: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :dunce: :jester: :jester: :nono: :nono: :eek: :eek: :eek: :angry: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :shootself :shootself

Oct 20, 2004
walsall
in the case of Falmer, students at the two universities who deserve quiet surroundings for their studies.

Sorry since when have students been concerned about silent surroundings on saturdays and tuesday nights, generally i found students were on the piss by that point of the week.

Also does the fact that london is currently congested, mean that the regeneration of the public transport system and surrounding areas highlighted in the olympic bid be considered questionable.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why the feck do the Argus print it thats what pisses me off. It serves no purpose at all as 50000 people that read the letter will think, Waterhall ??? , why didn;t they think of that ??? :shootself

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Token letter sent to the Argus, anybody bothered enough to see it ?

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
His telephone number is 01323 486958, let the abusing commence. :jester:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
WTF, here it is. I had my last one printed actually.

I wonder if some of the people who write letters to the Argus ever actually bother to read your publication. I refer to the letter from P. Sayers published on Tuesday 28th February. He clearly has no idea about what the conclusions of both inquiries came up with.

Waterhall is not suitable as it's not viable for a 'Railway Halt' by vitue of the fact that Waterhall is on a mainline where as Falmer is not and has a station already.

As far as congestion is concerned regarding Brighton University, there are two things that the writer has not considered. It is Sussex University that is at Falmer for a start, not Brighton. The other, and more important factor wich he or she has overlooked is that the stadium would be used either on a Saturday afternoon of a mid week evening. Just how much would the traffic congestion mentioned affect Brighton University students at those times ?

Finally, Waterhall doesn't have a a four lane road going through it, only by its side. It also doesn't have those lovely sixties style Sussex University buildings dotted around its landscape and the area is far more of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty than Falmer is because of it.

No doubt you will have more that a few respones to P. Sayers' letter but what a pity people like them do not bother to get their facts straight before commiting their opinions to yourselves.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
bhaexpress said:
It is Sussex University that is at Falmer for a start, not Brighton.

I hate to be picky, but both Universites have a campus at Falmer, and our shiny new Stadium will occupy some of Brighton University's land - indeed space currently occupied by nasty concrete 60s Polytechnic buildings.

Sorry to be pedantic, but if we're going to moan about letters in the Argus we do need to ensure our own efforts are factually correct.

Last edited:

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Hopefully by the time the next pratt posts in to the Argus with such drivel, I wont be screaming blue words at the paper like I just did

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Black Country Seagull said:
in the case of Falmer, students at the two universities who deserve quiet surroundings for their studies.

Sorry since when have students been concerned about silent surroundings on saturdays and tuesday nights, generally i found students were on the piss by that point of the week.

Also does the fact that london is currently congested, mean that the regeneration of the public transport system and surrounding areas highlighted in the olympic bid be considered questionable.
I totally agree!

I am a student and I live within 100 metres of molineux - its never fussed me!

Lets face it, its not as if the Falmer Stadium will be built on the top floor of their halls of residence!

Some people talk total shit!:angry:

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Its not worth getting that bothered about letters like this, there will always be people opposed to just about everything, the fact that so few people bother to write to the declining Argus means that they publish a good deal they recieve, the spoof ones of late only reinforce that opinion.

A great deal of people in Brighton arent really that bothered either way about Falmer, when we used to set up camp on a Friday afternoon at the clocktower to get signatures for the petition it was incredible how many people didnt know that much about it until we explained the situation.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Curious Orange said:
I hate to be picky, but both Universites have a campus at Falmer, and our shiny new Stadium will occupy some of Brighton University's land - indeed space currently occupied by nasty concrete 60s Polytechnic buildings.

Sorry to be pedantic, but if we're going to moan about letters in the Argus we do need to ensure our own efforts are factually correct.

Yes FRANK. Sort your life out man.

The Club/Council had lengthy negotiations with the university of Brighton about the pay off (which I believe is to be around 5 million) that the uni would recieve. The club cannot start work on the stadium until the new university buildings are finished.

I know when this date is, roughly.

The VC of the uni did not enjoy Martin Perry's bullying tactics during the talks and the uni very nearly pulled the plug. The council resolved matters.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Kind of ironic that congestion is the main issue in his letter, when public transport links mean that Falmer is the only logical site. Incidentally, in the future I genuinely think that having a ground so close to two universities is going to be fantastic news both for the universities and the club. I am constantly surprised at how many people I meet who say that they first started watching us when they were at uni or college in Brighton. They may not be ardent fans, but they retain a keen interest, and will go to the odd game (generally an away match) every now and then. I believe there are in total well over 30,000 students at the two universities, which ought to mean a reasonable boost to home attendances. Also, a great opportunity to introduce overseas students to our national sport. I very much hope the club will work closely with both universities, and set up some form of discount scheme for the students.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here