Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Letter from Tony

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
"Ok Tone, many thanks for the personal call. I'll pass the info on to those that matter. We're signing WHO? Bloody hell, you do want it this season? No probs, I'll tell the minions. I'm sure they'll debate it till the cows come home. Thanks for calling. See you tomorrow. Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee".

This call was recorded for training purposes. ;)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
The non personalised salutation is clearly down to 1 letter per address rather than 1 per season ticket holder. Anyone in the industry knows that this sort of mailing is proofed and signed off by the client and therefore it's their request and not the doing of the mailing house.

Mine is addressed to Season Ticket Holders(s)
All three of the envelopes that dropped on to our doormat this morning were addressed in the same way.

Hmm.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think this thread is missing the point. This letter is about Tony Bloom letting the fans know who is running this club, and I daresay the recent Dick Knight book story and withdrawal from AITC has motivated the Chairman to write this letter.

I woke up this morning and the radio was full of Cardiff's Vincent Tan's email to Malky Mackay telling him to either resign or be sacked. Well thank fvck we don't have a chairman like that who knows fvck all about football or the culture of his club!

A great letter from a great man. Tony delivers again.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
mine has my name so someone took a bit of time to set the print perameters even if it is a standard letter.
I genuinely think it is a job well done by the club and if it has gone out to 22K+ season ticket holders etc then it is one hell of an effort
This - thought it was very upbeat about a very good future

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
All three of the envelopes that dropped on to our doormat this morning were addressed in the same way.

There goes my theory it was done to save money and only send one per address.

Even it it was personalised a waste of at least a £ per supporter which probably will be paid for in at least a £ rise in the season ticket prices.

When will people get over this addiction to snail mail and use email, even if it is to a link on the website where the letter can be downloaded.

Nice gesture I am sure just don't like the waste of money from a club that tells us they need to look after the pennies where there is a cheaper alternative that is just as effective.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
There goes my theory it was done to save money and only send one per address.

Even it it was personalised a waste of at least a £ per supporter which probably will be paid for in at least a £ rise in the season ticket prices.

When will people get over this addiction to snail mail and use email, even if it is to a link on the website where the letter can be downloaded.

Nice gesture I am sure just don't like the waste of money from a club that tells us they need to look after the pennies where there is a cheaper alternative that is just as effective.

The vast majority of emails are NOT even opened. The vast majority of letters delivered in the post ARE opened. These are facts and the reason why many prefer direct mail over getting sandwiched between spam in someone's junk box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here