Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let’s Talk About Locadia

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Actually he did - because we do not have more than 25 over 23s do we?

Same reason Gary Dicker is named in the PL Squad.

The rules have changed, you no longer have to automatically name a player in the 25 if you have less than 25 eligible players. Last season Sheff Utd named a squad of just 22 players and left out goalkeeper Simon Moore. West Brom also named a 24 man squad last season and left an eligible player out (I cannot remember who that was)

We named Dicker as it makes more sense to name a player and never need them, than to not name someone and find you need them to cover an injury crisis, exactly the same reason we were naming Andrew Crofts too. The same could theoretically apply to Locadia as well.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
As a matter of pride I don't think Potter will drop him anyway and after the fallout from Saturday

That’s a really sad view of the manager who is currently delivering the most successful season in our 120 year history. The accusation of ‘pride’ getting in the way of his professional judgement is surely way off the mark.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That’s a really sad view of the manager who is currently delivering the most successful season in our 120 year history. The accusation of ‘pride’ getting in the way of his professional judgement is surely way off the mark.

Indeed wont have anything to do with pride. The reason Maupay most likely is going to start against West Ham is "well, what the **** is the option?".

Might go with false nine again but if there is a normal nine starting, it will be Maupay.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012

Absolutely this. He will do what he thinks best in order to try and win the game, not to massage the egos of individual players, or his own ego, or to send "messages" to TB, DA and PB, who are probably well aware of his thoughts on all that matters anyway because they actually communicate!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Indeed wont have anything to do with pride. The reason Maupay most likely is going to start against West Ham is "well, what the **** is the option?".

Might go with false nine again but if there is a normal nine starting, it will be Maupay.

I think dropping him again will be the very worst option, will do his confidence even more damage. Like it or not we do need Neal Maupay's goals, he has scored them before and eventually he will score them again.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Genuinely get the feeling that having Hemed and Baldock up front would have produced better results. The current set of attacking options beggars belief for an EPL club with stated Top Ten ambitions

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I mentioned on the Villa match thread that I would have prefered Locadia and Sariamento given a go as subs rather than Maupay and Mac. That's exactly what we got against Leeds- Almost like GP had read the comment on here! I'm happy to apologise and say I was wrong with Locadia. He is never going to be an option up front. As he admits- he simply doesn't fit in at this club. Really pleased that Sariamento was given a go. He needs to be given minutes on the pitch more often in light of his performances in both games he has played.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Maupay missed one easy chance and one much more difficult one.....................the rest of his game wasn't awful. Works his nuts off (always does), held the ball up well, pressed effectively and harried their defenders and made some great runs. Unfortunately the judgement weighting is going to be almost 100% on whether he puts the ball in the net (at least from most fans) or not, poor guy's confidence is just shot atm

Fascinated to see if/how the club deal with the issues in the window.......anything other than Locadia out and new striker in and the grumbling will be immense

I will certainly be grumbling again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
It is amazing how delicate he is.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2018
60d2165aef61e9142748e1e3931c7e90.jpg

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It is amazing how delicate he is.

It's amazing how delicate some of our fans are :lolol:

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I had to Google Bochum as I had no idea where it was or that it had a top level football team. It's in Dortmund if you were wondering.

Good luck DJ Strollabout

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here