[Albion] Let’s Talk About Locadia

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Well after this post he can do one and leave ASAP
7fb098c5f750ac75d2703010c3d5c7e8.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I'm putting this down as an attempt to appear moody, special and anti The Man rather than anything about being at the Albion?

But a bit dim for him to post it, the day after his return to playing for us in the Prem.

Perhaps I'm being a bit generous?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Our fanbase is out of order and the downfall of our club
Pure bullying of our own player in this thread
He got a chance cus he earned one in training I would imagine.

Best is yet to come from locadia

He's more two footed then maupay in front of goal and will score for us this season again no doubt

Jesus wept, our fan base just continues to get more and more cretinous.

Scapegoats are not necessary with a squad this small, especially when they are all together and trying their best.

The only thing letting this club down is the fans nowadays
Crikey lords, that's a tad out there,....

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I'm putting this down as an attempt to appear moody, special and anti The Man rather than anything about being at the Albion?

But a bit dim for him to post it, the day after his return to playing for us in the Prem.

Yeah I'm with you on that one, think it got nothing to do with Brighton tbh.

Lots of celebs, I think even Bissouma did it this summer, post some "look at me I'm very deep and sad because people like that shit" for no real reason.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Was just thinking, what JL has been like in training sessions.
If was shithouse there, then he wouldn't have been anywhere near the first team bench.
He must've showed GP something that warranted him a place on the bench???

One would hope that's the case - but then give him a run of games in the Uses to get him match fit/sharp before dropping him into a PL game. We missed Maupay as soon as he went off.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Maupay missed one easy chance and one much more difficult one.....................the rest of his game wasn't awful. Works his nuts off (always does), held the ball up well, pressed effectively and harried their defenders and made some great runs. Unfortunately the judgement weighting is going to be almost 100% on whether he puts the ball in the net (at least from most fans) or not, poor guy's confidence is just shot atm

Fascinated to see if/how the club deal with the issues in the window.......anything other than Locadia out and new striker in and the grumbling will be immense

Agreed, in fact I'd say Maupay had a really good game - the good chance sat up badly, and the other was no better than a half chance. Keep him in for the next game, please GP 👍

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

I'm sure that's probably right. But shows the intelligence level of the guy. And if it really is nothing to do with football then it shows how little he gives a shit, because he should have been pissed off all weekend about that performance.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

Clearly yes or he would have:-

- sold him
- loaned him out
- paid up his contract
- made him go train on his own until his contract expires

He did NOT have to:

- give him a number in the squad
- pick him in his matchday squads
- allow him to get anywhere near the pitch in a PL fixture

So why did he? That's all I'm trying to understand.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

He did NOT have to:

Actually he did - because we do not have more than 25 over 23s do we?

Same reason Gary Dicker is named in the PL Squad.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Agreed, in fact I'd say Maupay had a really good game - the good chance sat up badly, and the other was no better than a half chance. Keep him in for the next game, please GP 👍

I agree with the "he was shocking" view on this, but I do agree with you there's an argument to keep him in.

West Ham are more likely to be troubled by pace and movement than they are height and power (not that we have anyone like that). But also that it's an away game, the pressure of the home fans is less and I don't think taking him out and putting him in continually will do him any favours.

As a matter of pride I don't think Potter will drop him anyway and after the fallout from Saturday

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

- sold him
- loaned him out
- paid up his contract
- made him go train on his own until his contract expires

He did NOT have to:

Selling or loaning him is only possible if someone wants to buy him or loan him.

Pay up his contract, I dont think GP has £2m+ laying around. Club could have done it but there's two reasons why I dont think it happened: hoping for a January sale (or giveaway) - saving money - and because once you start buying players out of their contracts you're in a dangerous path where you might have to do it over and over again.

Make him go train on his own is not only going to cause people within the squad to be angry with the bullying but it is also illegal and not happening.

As for your "didnt have to", you are right. He didnt have to do any of those things, he just choose to.

Would I do it based on what I know? No. Would I do it based on what I dont know? I dont know. I dont know how he has been training or what type of qualities he shows in those sessions.

I'm not as shocked as some are. He is experienced, scored some goals on decent levels and was subbed in in the first GP season despite having more strikers available then compared to now. He is not very good, he has no future in the club (though I think we'll see him a bit more until Welbeck is back) and everyone would be happy if he was he had moved to St Elsewhere, but as it is he is an experienced striker in a club with quite limited options up front.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Yeah I'm with you on that one, think it got nothing to do with Brighton tbh.

Lots of celebs, I think even Bissouma did it this summer, post some "look at me I'm very deep and sad because people like that shit" for no real reason.

It's one thing to do it in the Summer...but quite different to do after the game

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Our fanbase is out of order and the downfall of our club
Pure bullying of our own player in this thread
He got a chance cus he earned one in training I would imagine.

Best is yet to come from locadia

He's more two footed then maupay in front of goal and will score for us this season again no doubt

Jesus wept, our fan base just continues to get more and more cretinous.

Scapegoats are not necessary with a squad this small, especially when they are all together and trying their best.

The only thing letting this club down is the fans nowadays
Good afternoon, Jurgen's mum.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It's one thing to do it in the Summer...but quite different to do after the game

Meh. Life goes on.

Someone said he should be posting nothing on social media because he should be angry all weekend. Ok, but wouldnt that also go for anyone on NSC posting in any non-football related thread yesterday?

I think the best thing to do with celebrity twitters/instagrams etc is to just ignore them rather than trying to find some kind of meaning in it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Andone ? Cadiz have had enough of him already so more broken baggage on it’s way back that we can’t get rid of

Andone would probably have been a much better option than Locadia.

I was actually quite pleased when he came on - the chance to win club hero status. The feeling pleased didn’t last long, though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Andone would probably have been a much better option than Locadia.

I was actually quite pleased when he came on - the chance to win club hero status. The feeling pleased didn’t last long, though.

0 goals in La Liga and pretty much not in the squad due to his behaviour. I doubt it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here