RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Who forgot to post the Stay-up-o-Meter?

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
The current class is currently phenomenal. Everything at the moment is so positive.

Break the October hoodoo
Break the recent run of draws
Zamora scored for the first time since he left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets get behind the team and break some more records this season.
Yes now promotion is a given, I think we should be looking to qualify for Europe next season then establish ourselves as a contender for the Champions League.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Yes now promotion is a given, I think we should be looking to qualify for Europe next season then establish ourselves as a contender for the Champions League.

TB Has a plan we must not forget Baileys legs stopped us from playing in Europe.
Smith must score:goal::cry:

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Reading the NSC matchday thread today, I yearned for the days before substitutes were allowed. I got the distinct impression that, before the Zamora goal, most of the posts in the thread were demands for the manager to make an immediate substitution of most of the players who had started the game.

It does my head in. Tinkering with the line up is no way to win games, let alone win the league. We need to trust the manager and trust the players to dig themselves out of holes..

This to my mind is the recipe for our success this season. Manager backs the XI that played the week before if it was a good performance and none of this twaddle about picking an XI or formation on depending who you are playing. What does it say to incumbents who perform well if you then say to them the next game that we're going with something different this week because it's a different type of game a la Hyppia and to a lesser extent GP. So refreshing to see the same XI week in week out.

When we lose, which we will at some point, things may need to be changed around slightly but consistency and confidence the two most dangerous facets of a players or teams performance only come about by being given time. Long may it continue.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
We shouldn't even be thinking about the P word yet. Nowhere near that. Nowhere near...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Everybody has played their part in our recent success so stop with the negative energy. The chairman, the board, Houghton, his staff, the players, the fans, even the staff in the stadium on match days! We're all in together so lets win and lose together.

#Together

I was being facetious, you daft bugger :lolol::ffsparr:

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Everybody has played their part in our recent success so stop with the negative energy. The chairman, the board, Houghton, his staff, the players, the fans, even the staff in the stadium on match days! We're all in together so lets win and lose together.

#Together

I'm not sure what Ray Houghton has to do with it

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
there are no easy games in this league , another potential banana skin awaits tomorrow evening....leeds turned that game into a scrap on saturday and i still think we were very lucky to come away with anything ...!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
After Bristol City and Preston NE, the next 13 matches are the polar opposite in nature to the previous.

We'll know how strong we are at the end of those.

Leyton Gull

Banned
Sep 14, 2015
TB Has a plan we must not forget Baileys legs stopped us from playing in Europe.
Smith must score:goal::cry:

It would not be the biggest footballing miracle if Brighton DID qualify for Europe. Indeed there was talk of it early in the season when the other Bailey was manager circa 1982 but hey chaps you have to get promoted first it's still October! We might not go up this season. We might not go up in 5 seasons. We might never go up while we are all alive.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

#Together

Together with Mr Hughton - not Houghton, but Hughton, Hughton, Hughton, Hughton, Hughton, repeat after me - Hughton.

Not getting at you, but I think he has done enough to deserve us getting it right.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
We shouldn't even be thinking about the P word yet. Nowhere near that. Nowhere near...

I am aware that IF (big word, if) we win on Tuesday, we will have gone more than a quarter of a season unbeaten.

But set against that, the first priority is still in my mind avoiding relegation - how many points do we need to be safe.

It's a funny old game, football.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here