Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's not all blame Harding!

disgruntled h blocker

Oct 16, 2003
Ampfield
It seems to me that everyone is putting the blame on Harding, and from my position right at the front of H-Block, it was just an unfortunate situation which could not have been solved by our other left-back options being there.

I guess the answer is 'yes' but does anyone think that Mayo is up to the grade? In the last few times he's started, he has received criticism for his lack of pace, poor distribution and looking unfit. What of the other options? I think that Jones is the next best option to Harding, but could he be too lightweight...

Dan Harding tries his best, and I think he is more suited going forward than defending, maybe left-midfield is a more suitable position for him?

We shouldn't just blame one player on the pitch, there are 10 others out there, and the manager, and for him to put the onus on a young defender to me sounds very unprofessional.

People will say that he has been to blame for the Millwall goal as well, but think about the formation being used - 4-3-3 - this leaves the flanks quite open for attack.

Halftime Oranges

Oct 22, 2003
Rottingdean
:yawn: Dan Harding aint all he's cracked up to be if we sell hime in the Jan window it'l be the best deal we've done for ages:angry:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
sosrry why not blame harding? he had time to hoof it clear but no he fannys about with it and we let in a goal a lose a point

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
He cost us 2 at Millwall and another last night clearly he seems to have one eye on leaving and his mind is not on the game at the moment. I have never rated him and would gladly take money from Everton for him in January.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
it's not the first and i doubt it will be the last time he has cost us a game, you dont mess around at the back with the ball, "if in doubt get it out" You cant blame the other 10 players on the pitch for his mistakes.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
God only knows how he made the under 21's my only worry is the more he plays if anyone is scouting we will be lucky to exchange him for a bag of crisps let alone the 300k that a few clubs were apparantly prepared to pay!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here