Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's just say we're not a top 6 side.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Many said that last year we still finished 6th. Best to leave predictions till the end of the season when you can not be wrong

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
So what? Staying in the Championship is ok by me. Eventually we will get a decent side together to maybe make a push again, but until then, I'm quite happy with the league we're in.

We were spoilt for a couple of years & had a great team that played some of the best football I've seen from the Albion. It's ups & downs though, so I'm sort of resigning myself that this year may not be a vintage one. It may even be a fair while till we see anything similar, who knows?

Managing my expectations reduces my Albion stress levels! My prediction this season; gloomy outlook with the odd bright spell.

On the basis of last night's result, we'll be very fortunate to avoid finishing in the bottom six.

lola

Jul 28, 2014
Finland
I like when team have a big heart and they play for team mates and for fans also. They win some and lose but you see that they try 110% out there! Where we stand in end of the season that is a another story.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
We'll keep losing players to the Premier League.

It'll be sad to see March and Ince get poached, and not playing in the PL for us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think the last three seasons were treading water. This is the season when we will make our proper bid for promotion.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
The average distance between 6th (playoffs) and 13th (mid-table mediocrity) is roughly 12 points.

A couple of teams will walk the league. A couple of teams will have "Relegation" stamped on their foreheads before the first snow flies.

For everyone else -- it's close to a lottery.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
We'll keep losing players to the Premier League.

Everyone loses players to the Premier League. Hell, the bottom half of the PL loses players to the top 4-6 teams.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
So what? Staying in the Championship is ok by me. Eventually we will get a decent side together to maybe make a push again, but until then, I'm quite happy with the league we're in.

We were spoilt for a couple of years & had a great team that played some of the best football I've seen from the Albion. It's ups & downs though, so I'm sort of resigning myself that this year may not be a vintage one. It may even be a fair while till we see anything similar, who knows?

Managing my expectations reduces my Albion stress levels! My prediction this season; gloomy outlook with the odd bright spell.

Is this reposted from last year ? Sounds very familiar. ???

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I don't think we will make any signings before next Saturday except maybe Ward, but I still think we are perfectly capable of beating Sheffield Wednesday :lolol: with the current squad. Hopefully the rest will follow after that.

I do still believe the necessary signings will be made by the end of the window and I certainly don't believe we will be in danger of going down this season.

It was a minor miracle that we made the play-offs last season considering how incredibly average we were, and the teams around us probably won't be so forgiving this time around. I can't see us doing it with the current squad but 3 or 4 additions could change all that.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
All the time the club keep raising prices and insist we are going for the Premier League, that is what our fans will expect. Throw in the fact that I'd say at least 30% of our fanbase is thick enough to believe it despite the squad we have, and you have a bit of a problem over unrealistic expectations

It's their own fault for ramping up expectation levels, which they have to do really to justify the price and keep 28,000 people turning up every week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here