Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's get one thing straight....

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Last season we had Sparrow, Navarro, Noone and Vincelot who had played a significant part in the previous season(s) success, real team players, really on the ball with what Gus wanted. They've gone, ( not to menton GM, Bennett etc) and whilst we've replaced them with players of an apparent higher calibre, they have not synced in with the team. Team spirit and togetherness needs to start improving, get more of that about the place, and then we will start winning.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I didn't want to say anything about that but I'd hope people would be a bit more loyal. TBH other than the beer and pies I totally dread going to the Amex at the moment and have completely lost my mojo with the Club. It make me sad that im going to every game with such a negative attitude, never used to be like that even when we were very very shit. Will keep going though like a battered wife.

Exactly, one comment made yesterday was " i'd rather be at Withdean watching the likes of Cox and Fraser, they may have been shit but at least it was interesting" Says it all really.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
We signed Dobbie in the last window in a blaze of glory and high hopes, now here we are at the next window and the guy's hardly played

This is what gets me most,Give these players a run in the team.Dobbie and Hoskins NEED a run in the team.Sorry to bring Barnes into this but look at the run he had in the side.how can these players settle into the way we play and build up match fitness with just the odd game and the odd 10 minutes here and there?.
What will happen if we get a new striker? The same?.I really think Dobbie is just the sort of player we need in there to play just behind the front man but he needs games.

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
I'm no JCL, not that it matters, I fully appreciate where we have come from and what Gus has achieved but we are here in the present and that's what matters.

The club is sowing the seeds for a successful future with or without Gus, he is not the messiah and neither is he invulnerable from criticism.

I like many other are not particularly bothered we are 10th in the championship, neither am I bothered if we don't achieve promotion this season, I do believe slow progress in the long run serves you better.

BUT

it is becoming increasingly frustrating watching the Albion, at least at home. In my humble opinion it is hard to see how we have progressed at all in the last 12 months with a supposedly better squad.

Our football is for the large part totally boring and flatters to deceive, we pass with no pace and conviction, we are clueless in the 18 yard box, we don't score from corners or free kicks if we are lucky to score at all.

4 wins at home stretching back to April, all of those bottom sides, no come from behind win since Doncaster in August 2011, these statistics should not be overlooked and are shameful.

Poyet is one of these modern days managers that wants to over complicate what is a simple game, I'm all for possession football, the basic idea we have right but it's executed in a poor fashion, we've all seen it and most of you know what I'm talking about whether you agree or not, we move so slowly forwards we are easy and predictable to defend against.

In football you have to have a plan B, you must be able to adapt to a changing situation and you must be able to mix up Play.

After 15 minutes against Watford it was a downward spiral and we pretty much got what we deserved.

Poyet's transfers have all been questionable, Murray we know about with the benefit of hindsight, however to be fair if we had a choice between him and Mackail-Smith back in 2011 most of us would have been happy enough at the time.

What is Crofts adding to the side, Dobbie?? ( never the player we needed ) Hammond?, Harley? Mackail-Smith constantly played out of a position, he should be picking up the ball through the middle he aint gonna score working in from the wings, total waste of money which I blame Poyet for, last season Paynter and Vokes!!

January is going to be make or break, Poyet can't afford any more light weight failures and I think just saying we need a player or 2 and we will be all right is crap, the fundamental problem is the way we set up to play and how we approach and adapt to games, it worked in league 1, to a degree it worked here but teams have now worked us out and we make it easy for them, we have been saying the same thing all season and nothing has changed.

How many games this season have you really enjoyed? 2 or 3? I'm a mug and have been coming for years and no doubt will continue to do so even if there are only 5000 of us rattling around in the West stand, what do the other 20,000 who come each week to be entertained think? maybe they don't care? and those of us that really do have been swallowed up and are not visible.

Where I sat at Withdean the air would have been blue today based on that performance but by and large where I sit now people accept it.

I wish I could see another way around this I like Poyet, I want him to be a success and I have held back but at this moment I'm struggling.

Sums up my feelings completely, I don't think it matters who we sign (if anyone!) in January, we aren't going to be in with a realistic chance of improving until our boring, predictable tactics/formation are changed. And I can't see Poyet changing his footballing ethos anytime soon.
I have watched the Albion on and off for the last 50 years but I have never been so bored watching them play as I have been for most of the last two seasons. The club can think themselves lucky they have a captive audience with all the season tickets sold, if it was pay on the gate just how many do you think would be turning up to watch the boring, predictable crap we're getting presented with.
I agree with other posters as well, Watford were a joy to watch, but then so have most of the opposing teams (with a few exceptions) that have played at the Amex this season, I really do think it's time for a change of management.
And on a personal note, each goal that Murray continues to score for Palace feels like more salt being rubbed into a festering sore, sorry but I will never forgive Poyet for letting him go.
Pissed off, seriously pissed off!

:down:

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Exactly, one comment made yesterday was " i'd rather be at Withdean watching the likes of Cox and Fraser, they may have been shit but at least it was interesting" Says it all really.

There is a lot of truth in this, and also what the OP says.

I have respect and admiration for Gus, but there is no doubt we are not very interesting to watch at the mo.

The atmosphere is suffering too, and this has a knock on effect on the team.

It's a hard thing to say, but Gus is losing the fans and possibly losing the dressing room, and it's plain to see this is currently reflected on the pitch.

Stumpy Tim

Greer is a wanker, the most negative part of a very negative side. Bruno is a liability , he may look good storming forward but his distribution at times is woeful and he is forever being caught out of position,

Remember that Greer was bought to help get us out of League 1, and is now holding his own in the Championship. I disagree with your opinion on Bruno - he's been one of the bright spots this season

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
IMHO were crap, teams have us sussed we play one dimensional shite offer nothing up front and will be lucky to end the season mid table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here