Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's divulge into what makes you LEFT or RIGHT wing....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I think that while somewhere in excess of 97% of us spend our time discussing what makes us left or right wing, somewhere under 3% keep disproportionately increasing their power and wealth :shrug:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i find that many of a centre left persuassion who profess tolerance, openminded-ness and fairness assume an awful lot about anyone with views slightly to the right of themselves, casting unfounded accusations at them and in some cases become verbally aggressive. just for having difference of opinion. the further left, a harder line is taken so that even people on the centre left are vilified by those far left. in reality very few people "on the right" are the selfish, uncompassionate, greedy caricature that appears to be held in many imaginations. most people, left or right, want the same general outcomes only have differing views on how to get there.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I think that while somewhere in excess of 97% of us spend our time discussing what makes us left or right wing, somewhere under 3% keep disproportionately increasing their power and wealth :shrug:
Yes you're right as most down the ladder blame eachother and the government while the big boys rake in the money in huge numbers.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Saw the thread title and thought it would be an interesting debate March, Lua Lua, Murphy and Knockhaert but seems it was just an excuse for the OP to make some more moronic comments about the left!!!

While it is difficult to argue against the history of conflict and violence on the streets domestically we have not been involved in a war for many decades where we as a nation have called for volunteers or called people up.
Although the science of war has developed to rely less on infantry I just wonder what sort of reaction would come from the under 30s if such a call was made now.
I think the sense of duty that was present within past generations maybe lacking and the will to endure has been lost to todays now generation. Hopefully we will never know and we can continue in relative peace and understanding

You don't take into account that the younger generation now are better educated than their counterparts were in 1914 and 1939. Also there knowledge of the rest of the world and what is happening is enhanced due in no small part to modern media technology!

Perhaps criminals that serve time come out on time when well behaved....personally I would like stiffer sentencing and longer terms to discourage....Example £1000 fine minimum for driving whilst using a mobile phone.....soon see less people using them whilst driving.

So would my view points be regarded as right wing or am I really thinking of the majority of people and as a result the victims too by suggesting longer stiffer sentencing.....if I am then I am right wing.

Prevention not cure.

https://www.gov.uk/using-mobile-phones-when-driving-the-law

You can be fined upto £1000. However, I agree with some other posters that the fine should fit the ability to pay. Perhaps a % of taxed income (and further penalties if you squirrel some away to overseas accounts to try and mitigate your fine!!).

chart

My political compass. I very much think it would have been to the right when I was considerably younger.

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Perhaps a % of taxed income (and further penalties if you squirrel some away to overseas accounts to try and mitigate your fine!!).

So if you are on an income of less than the tax threshold you are immune from any fine and therefore may as well carry on breaking the law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here