Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let's all laugh at SCOTLAND

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think you'll find the Argentinians are not England's biggest fans. As for whats so special, I spose it *could* be something to do with continued rule from Westminster?

But Scotland get it all ways. They now get their own parliament, plus still loads of MPs in Westminster. Why? They need to make their minds up what it is they actually do want.

lethaldrizzle

Apr 30, 2007
South East London
To those of you who express shock at the CELTS wanting england to lose

Scots does not equal Celts. Celts specifically refers to the Highland Scots who (up until the 18th century) spoke Gaelic and were of Irish extraction, the majority of Scots are Lowlanders.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Its not just SAD, its financial craziness. A Germany or Argentina shirt would set them back about 40 notes. That's a huge chunk out of your week's benefits to be throwing away on petty spitefulness.

Tabs and deep-fried mars bars don't grow on trees you know.

Harsh but very funny :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
But Scotland get it all ways. They now get their own parliament, plus still loads of MPs in Westminster. Why? They need to make their minds up what it is they actually do want.

Even so, that doesnt erase centuries of ill feeling does it? Are they supposed to LOVE the english now they have their own parliament?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The difference between England and all the other Home Nations:

England has a population of 55 million.

Scotland has a population of 5 million.

Wales, NI & Rep of ireland have a population of 5 million combined.

It's not rocket science.
No, it's not rocket science - but on the other hand it's not relevant. Uruguay has a population of only 3 million and they've won the World Cup twice. The Australian population is way smaller than England's and yet they (usually) beat us at cricket, hockey, rugby league and often rugby union as well. The Old Soviet Union, despite taking football seriously, was never a real power, and as has been pointed out if size of population mattered every World Cup would be between America, China and India.

Obviously really small nations (Lichtenstein, San Marino etc) suffer, but after a certain level (two million perhaps?) it becomes irrelevant; after all no matter how big your population is you're only allowed to have eleven of them on the pitch at any one time.

However if size of population is the excuse you want to use (we usually moan about overpaid prima-donnas who don't care), then fair enough. You've got your head in the sand though.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Bollocks to the jocks. Everyone is sick of them now. Its f***ing boring. I have been up there all week including the night of the games and they just make themselves look like cnts about it. Its f***ing funny, its so twisted.

The thing is they expect English people to roll over and die when they start getting chippy about the football. Give it some back and they dont know what to do half the time.

Long may it continue. Jocks are too chippy ad the English are too thin skinned half the time. Its a rivalry match made in heaven.

Hannibal smith

Jul 7, 2003
Kenilworth
I think you'll find the Argentinians are not England's biggest fans. As for whats so special, I spose it *could* be something to do with continued rule from Westminster?

One of my recent next door neighbours was Argentinean. He didn’t have a chip on his shoulder about the English particularly. He even seemed slightly miffed when we lost 2-3 to Croatia and certainly wasn’t running around the garden in a Croatia top signing songs about Luca Modric. I know it’s only one out of millions but I know that wouldn’t be the reaction of my friendly Scottish neighbour for instance.

Bizarrely, he was basketball mad and supported Spain in the Olympics. Work that one out.

As for the Scots. I thought the whole point about the Al Megrahi debate was that it is a decision for the Scots and Scots alone to take. Scottish MP's can also vote at Westminster and run Britian. English MP's meanwhile, can't vote on Scottish issues or become the next Alex Salmond. As Tooting says, Scots can't have it all ways.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Did anyone see that thing on TV a while back where they left a car with St. Georges flags and an England sticker min the back sitting on a street in Glasgow to see what happened?
In about 5 minutes the locals were twatting it to pieces..imagine if English people took the same approach when some Porrige Wog parked up with his f***ing "Ecosse" sticker on the Bumper and that Scottish Lion rampant thing they all have in the window on a Brighton street..It's a serious point. Scots are to be found pissed up in just about every pub in England carping on about how f***ing marvellous it is there and how shitty England is and shouting incoherent support when the Jocko football team is on tv..just try that in Dundee when England are on and see how long you last.

Jokes are only funny if they are given in good Humour and the Scots should realise it is'nt amusing or quaint anymore its BORING and the sooner they devolve the better as far an the Majority of people in England are concerned.

Seriously..f*** off.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I am just sick of how they are portayed when Scotland are away. All mingling and bonhomie with the locals.

wag chaser

Feb 18, 2009
Live on bbc 1 tonight.
The 2010 world cup preview show except for viewers in Scotland and
Wales who will be shown the film " Out of Africa "

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
you moan about Scots moaning about you poofs and here we are at page 5 of you wankers moaning about scots...ha ha ha... enjoy the world cup, you've got the squad and the manager just don't f*** it up... you've no excuses this time!

seagull@stirling

Jan 17, 2006
no , we moan about scots COMING DOWN HERE and moaning about us.

:tantrum:

It's equally annoying for some of us scots up here seeing Scots wearing England shirts AND those that wear whatever Englands opponents are :tosser:

I'll admit I'd prefer anyone but england to win the World cup, but I won't support other teams just because they are playing england...actually same as what Andy Murray says but the press decided to print something more sensational.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here