Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Let it go Rio....

paul & shark

Sep 17, 2013
He's a millionaire, his dad sells coke to reporters, his mum shoplifts from M&S and he shags his team mates girlfriend whilst he is a married father, and he's racist. He's a **** and deserves everything he gets

Shared his company a few times, he's a good laugh.

However he will retire broke through gambling.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Completely understand why Rio couldn't just ignore it but a bit odd that he expected an apology from him when Terry never admitted doing anything wrong (or did he? I got very bored of the whole thing quite quickly) in the first place.

Also, ruin Anton's career? I personally think it has more to do with him being a bit...well, lacking in ability.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
All these people who consider Rio a bit of a nob or are "no fan" of him, can I ask why? I know he once missed a drugs test, is there anything else?

No-one likes John Terry do they? (Except the plentiful thick white trash among Chelsea's support obviously)

As for Anton Ferdinand, his career wasn't ruined. Rio should just accept he wasn't quite good enough to play for one of the proper big clubs like he was - but he played in the Premiership regularly, so there's no shame in that and it's not like he was a total failure.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
I briefly read the article in this Sunday's Sun.

There are a few things that stand out to me.

Rio admits that Terry is unlikely to be a racist and that what was said was said in the heat of the moment and nothing more.

Rio also said a low key passive response from Terry would of been readily accepted by Anton and nothing more be said, hardly a reasonable response to a racist and a racist remark.

It doesnt fit with many on heres view of him, but that seems the crux of the matter and if he isnt a racist ( as Rio seems to admit ) then Terry might rightly feel aggrieved to be accused of being one.

The rest is the dynamics of broken friendships really, voyeuristically interesting but nothing more

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
To be fair to JT (not that I want to be), it was his mate's ex-girlfriend and I heard from someone who knows JT's wife quite well that he was having 3somes with the girl and his wife. That's why wifey wasn't bothered. Of course, that may be nonsense but my source said the wife told her this while they were out horseriding together.

Hmmm, if they were on the same horse then there might be some truth in it....

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Would be a bit weird if he published an autobiography and didn't mention something that had a significant impact on the later stages of his career IMHO.

Does his autoboigraphy mention if homophobe Rio has apologised to anyone about his racist remarks to Ashley Cole?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
All these people who consider Rio a bit of a nob or are "no fan" of him, can I ask why? I know he once missed a drugs test, is there anything else?

No-one likes John Terry do they? (Except the plentiful thick white trash among Chelsea's support obviously)

As for Anton Ferdinand, his career wasn't ruined. Rio should just accept he wasn't quite good enough to play for one of the proper big clubs like he was - but he played in the Premiership regularly, so there's no shame in that and it's not like he was a total failure.

His homophobic and racist remarks? The merking? Him being a massive knob?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does his autoboigraphy mention if homophobe Rio has apologised to anyone about his racist remarks to Ashley Cole?

Please don't interpret my post as reflecting any kind of admiration for Rio "Too injured to play for England but I can still fly 7hrs to Qatar" Ferdinand :)

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010

I can’t stand him because of his rent a quote attitude to anything of mild importance delivered via social media with a sense of importance normally associated with prime ministerial announcements about going to war rather than a footballer talking about 4-4-2 or 4-3-3. I don’t like people who think they are more important than they actually are and he fit this description in spades. His deleted Choc Ice comment also shows his double standards up re racism as well as being an exceptionally thick twunt to laugh about it on social media in the 1st place.

I bet he doesn’t talk about why he missed his drugs test in his book either. Rather than the moving house excuse at the time (one assumes the Neville brothers and Ruud Van Nistelrooy were helping him lump the washing machine down the stairs), it was infered at the time that he had a dose of the clap he didn’t want to the world to know about. Whoops.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I have no axe to grind against WGT, think he is an excellent footballer, but he is a bit of a hypocrite. Standing up for his brother is one thing, we would all do that I suspect, but he (and Terry) are grown men, and a quick chat would have settled the issue instead of holding a grudge against JT.

The other issue is that he's quite happy to yell '******' on Radio 1 at Chris Moyles, but sees no wrong in this, if Moyles had yelled 'Darkie' back at him he would (rightfully) been very angry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here